1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Step by step transition goals?

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by Curious39, Jul 24, 2016.

1. Curious39

Hey everyone.

So before I go to my GP and talk to them about wanting to transition I actualy want to start my social and personal transition.

What are things I can do, or should do to get my social perception off the ground.

Like any reccomendations with -padding, eyebrows, clothes (I'm not slim but I am also notfat, somewhere inbetween) so styles could help? Any tips for shaving and nails?

Just asking for things I can do to 'pass' as a woman. Thinking of getting a wig while I grow my hair out?

Thank you!!! (*hug*)

2. Secrets5

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    If you're waiting to grow your hair out, whilst it's still short you could try a pixie cut.

With nails, you can [or get somebody else to] paint them - there's some tutorials on youtube about fancy things, but you can just paint it simply as well

You could go into charity stores to try on a variety of clothing to see what styles you like and buy anything you see there or go to a mainstream store and get similar items. If you like them, you could wear dresses and skirts as they're almost exclusively* women's clothing. *[by society's standard]. Also, a lot of women draw their eyebrows on which could also help get the shape most women do if that would help with perception.

If you like writing, you could write a story about a girl who is currently transitioning.

When coming out to people, make sure that they are not preoccupied with anything else, and perhaps just start with one person. Perhaps, prior to talking with them, talk to them casually about trans people in general to get an idea about how they'll react.

#2 Secrets5, Jul 24, 2016
    Last edited: Jul 24, 2016
  3. anthracite

anthracite Guest

Every lady needs to learn how to paint her fingernails :wink: With experience it will look professional. You can grow your nails and take care of the shape. Most like them oval. For painting you might want to try a clearcoat first. Looks beautiful but beginners mistakes are not so visible.

4. unknownerror

first thing I did was start letting my hair grow. it takes a LONG time to get it long if that's what you want, and honestly the most fun I've had with my hair was ~1 1/2 years ago when it was just a little bit long and there were a lot of neat things I could do.

Probably the BIGGEST thing that helped for me was earrings. Piercing my ears was such a connection. something solid I could reach up and feel.

as for painted nails, I did that some, but often would have to clean them for certain crowds, so I often took to using this mostly clear opal polish. It was safe and it was nice to have on there.

If you plan to present, then some basic makeup skills will help a lot. I used to use quite a bit, now I rarely do, but eyeliner is your strongest tool, followed by lipstick. if you have bad shadow, then you will need to use a foundation/powder etc. just make sure to use something orange to neutralize the shadow before you put on the foundation. You can find lots of tutorials on youtube.