1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Starting counseling

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by Claudio97, Dec 10, 2017.

1. Claudio97

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    A few people
    So tomorrow is gonna be a big day for me. I'm finally going to talk for the first time to my counselor about all the things that are making me go insane right now and i just can't wait. I couldn't sleep these past two nights cause I was thinking about what i am going to say and trying to prepare a speech. I'm feeling so nervous but I'm also excited. Last week i finally came out as a lesbian to one of my closest friends and i've never felt so free with her although she knows there's something I'm still not telling her. I think this is just a really good time for me and i wanted to put it down to words. I hope to keep on improving!

#1 Claudio97, Dec 10, 2017
    Last edited: Dec 10, 2017
  2. HM03

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Mentally I was preparing for the first session to be like " tell me all your issues, 1,2,3, Go!" lol.

The first session is mainly getting a background. The majority of my first session my counselor asked things like what I was taking school, if I lived at home etc. Then the last few little bit he asked if there was anything specifically bothering me that made me go see him.

I can be pretty reserved and opening up is difficult. Counselors should be pretty good at not-judging and asking questions to probe for more details when needed.

Hope it goes well!

Ruby Dragon and Claudio97 like this.
  3. Loves books

I saw a counsellor. Who told me the truth I didn't like it. I also would have preffered to see a woman but got stuck with a man.