1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Star wars prequels

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by gibson234, Jul 30, 2014.

1. Moonhammer

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    My opinion about the prequels: I can't put enough quotation marks around the word "story", so i won't even try.

2. Mith

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    I would join the Dark Side just to kill Jar Jar lol really can anybody say me if arc means the weapon of Legolas? I don't remember jar jar using it...when he uses an arc? :confused:

3. sam the man

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I would join the dark side just because it's so awesome. When do jedi get to use lightning? I won't even need cooking equipment to do all my frying. And I get a free badass pass instead of bottling up all my emotions.

As to the prequels, I and II were just... not good. But III was a pretty decent film if you ask me, it showed the politics quite well and overall the film had a good feel (epic duels), if wooden acting from Anakin. So I think III is up there with the best of them (as Star Wars films go since I'm not crazy about them), but as a trilogy the original was more consistent and better overall than the prequels.

4. BornAnew

In killing Jar Jar you only make him more powerful than ever!!!!

He meant character arc.

5. JackAttack

JackAttack Guest

The Prequels were good, especially the 3rd one but I personally prefer the orignals. The 1st and 2nd of the prequels were a bit silly and the 2nd had that annoying love story. For their time, the originals were really good.

6. Mith

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    What "character arc" means?
    You're right! If I kill him he will return as a ghost lol I can't imagine him.

Edit: never mind I find character arc on google :slight_smile: thank you

#26 Mith, Jul 31, 2014
    Last edited: Jul 31, 2014
  7. BornAnew

That's okay!!!

He will forever haunt us as a ghost, then maybe one day people will see the light...

8. sam the man

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Then I'll happily call Ghostbusters :lol:

9. Moonhammer

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Episode 1: Jar jar, annoying kid, virgin birth (dafuq?) Obi wan doesn't do anything
    Qui gon (He doesn't really have a character, he just exists.)
    Darth maul says about 5 words, he's just in there as a "bad ass" character for the lightsaber fights, of which there are about 30 billion throughout the prequels.
    Kid flying a spaceship blowing up a mothership by accident...
    Cop out's, like watto not being able to be mind tricked.
    Who uses a white cloud of poison gas, and then opens the doors instead of letting the jedi run out of breath.
    Anakin built C-3PO?
    Why didn't they put poison in the drinks that the droid brought to the jedi's.
    How does a blockade of supplies from space immediately bring a planet into a crisis?
    Technological army with supreme firepower can't defeat some reptiles with a speech impediment?
    Podrace....
    The trade federation leaders don't start pointing fingers at a mysterious figure giving them orders?
    Hyperdrive leaking, is it like a space radiator?
    Send worthless battle-droids to fight jedi, then panic when your plan fails.

I could keep going for hours.

10. BornAnew

But killing him as a ghost would only make the powerful infinitely increase! Do you want a omega titan Jar Jar? I do but didn't think anyone else did lol

11. Argentwing

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I usually don't defend the prequels, but some of these nitpicks are not really well-founded. Naboo could realistically have relied on an import/export economy and not be self-sustaining. And the TF probably knew full well that the "mysterious figure" was the single baddest mutha in the galaxy and anything other than full obedience would not go well for them. Hyperdrives are basically pure magic so yeah, they could be space radiators. Except that those are already real things at least. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: And lastly, the Nemoidians didn't strike me as great tacticians despite commanding a massive "security force" for their business, so it is possible they are helpless in small-scale deployments like their shipboard skirmish with the Jedi.

The rest of your points hold up pretty well hehe.

12. Moonhammer

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    There are just so many inconsistent and quite frankly ridiculous things in the prequels.
    To explain why i think the prequels are terrible, i'd have to go over almost there entire movie, scene to scene.