1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Standing down as admin

Discussion in 'Empty Closets Help and Feedback' started by Paul_UK, Jan 7, 2010.

1. No One

NOOOOO!!!! This makes me quit sad. We love you Paul. I never thought I would see the day when the great Paul_UK no longer was a admin.

2. fallendream

one day a long time ago a man had a dream, and that one man wasn't martin luther king. he wasn't the terminator he was known simply as 'Paul' (or to those that didn't know him well 'Mr.Paul') he had a dream about cookies and space aliens and hedgehogs may or may not have been there. but when he woke up he went online and noticed a great injustice. and fixed what was broke. and the members of EC became members of something actually called EC and said 'behold! a person has finally done something that will help us' and it benefited the world so much and everyone was happy.

and now i will end this utterly pointless speech with a thank you for this man. this man who helped thousands of teens and adults alike in his time as admin. thanks alot paul.

3. Kenko

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Hopefully real life is busy in a good way. I know everyone has already said it, but you've been an amazing admin Paul, and the site wouldn't be what it is without you.

There is currently a very active community, and very capable staff members, so EC's in good hands.

4. Mirko

Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hi Paul! It is too bad that you have decided to step down. Thank you so much for everything you have done for Empty Closets. Empty Closets wouldn't be what it is today without you.

Hopefully, we will see you around on the forum. (*hug*)

5. Z3ni

Z3ni Guest

Your stepping down??

Now yourpowerless!:badgrin: no respect for u!...

Only joking :slight_smile:

6. nickmc

*raises glass to KittyBoy's toast*

Thanks for all the effort and time you ave put into the site. All the best.

7. Bevo

Dear me, it's truly an end of an era...at least you aren't leaving us, that is good to know. *raises another glass* To Paul!

Perhaps Paul should be given the title of honorary Admin?, as a nod to his many years of service and help to EC and its many many members. It wouldn't carry the functions and expectations of an admin, it would just be an honour, as the name suggests. Perhaps? Think about it!

8. Derek the Wolf

9. SRSLYMARK

Oh my gosh, Paul! We'll miss you! :frowning2:

10. Owen

In Loving Memory Full Member

Allow me to join the chorus of people thanking you for your tireless service to this site. I'm glad to know that you will be staying around and not just leaving us to fend for ourselves in the cold, lonely world of the internet. :slight_smile: Though I can't say that EC has affected my life as much as it has affected the lives of other people on here, it has been a part of my life since the day I joined. Being able to connect with other members of the GLBT community has been an amazing asset for me, and without you, I doubt it would have happened. Again, thank you.

11. twixy30

i will miss u i hope that life slows down some for you good luck!!!

12. dude99

dude99 Guest

Its sad hearing that you wont be admin but its cool that you will pop here time to time.

13. Pancake

Awww...That's so sad :frowning2: I remember when I joined about 2 years ago how you were so kind and supporting and you still are. A least you will still pop in.

www.youtube.com/user/JahraJayde#p/u/7/IhEMxle0yEY

That's song says it all. :frowning2:

Thank you for all the times you have helped me, without it, my life would not be what it is like today. The same goes for EC, without you, it will be completely different.

#33 Pancake, Jan 19, 2010
    Last edited: Jan 19, 2010
  14. beckyg

beckyg Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Paul, you have witnessed the immense growth on this site. I wish you could know how many lives you have saved or how many people you helped come out from keeping this site up and going. You are appreciated and loved. Good luck in everything you do and THANK YOU!

15. TriBi

Just got back from vacation and saw this. Obviously, given the conversations we've had and the 'behind the scenes' re-org that has been going on to make sure EC continues to have good coverage - I'm not totally surprised.

I just want to echo the appreciation showed by everyone else. This site started as it now is largely because of Paul expressing concerns about the lack of good sites available for (initially) young guys struggling with the coming out process. It very quickly developed into a place that attracted all ages, genders and orientations - and that would NEVER have happened without the dedication put in by Paul for a very long period over the formative years of the site.

Paul - take a bow. :eusa_clap EC is what it is today because you steered it in the direction it has now taken, shepherded it and spent an enormous amount of time and effort to ensuring it would grow and be the best of it's type. I am actually gratified to think that you feel happy that you can step back - and still feel secure that it is in good hands to continue.

Kudos my friend - you deserve it. (*hug*)

16. waitingsucks

Thanks Paul for all you've done. I haven't been very active on EC in the last year but it will always have a special place in my heart for being the great outlet and resource it is so that people like me can unload some of their luggage online so they don't have to carry it around with them and keep it hidden in the back of their mind.

Goodluck to you and Duke in whatever you do in the future,
    Hugh =D

17. Dave

Thanks for everything Paul
    I'll miss you just like everyone else
    If it hadn't been for you and EC I dunno where I'd be today