1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sore... eyelashes?

Discussion in 'Physical & Sexual Health' started by HalfInsane, Mar 27, 2009.

1. HalfInsane

Okay, this sounds really weird... but once in a while the roots of my eyelashes get really, really sore. I'll mostly notice it if I squint or something. It's not constantly like that, nor does it seem to be influenced by any obvious factors. It also almost only happens to my right eye, not my left. The only thing I can really think of is that maybe my eye liner is getting into the pores and irritating them? Except, I always wash my face (twice a day), especially if I happened to have any sort of makeup on... and I don't always wear it, yet it sometimes happens anyways. It's also not dry or itchy, just... sore. I'm really not sure what is going on, and I can't find anything on it... so, any help?

2. beckyg

beckyg Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
  3. HalfInsane

Nope... no styes. I've checked for them and there's nothing there. Not even any obvious swelling.

4. Jim1454

that's what I wasn going to say. That's when my eyes hurt - along the edge of either the lower or upper lid... Sometimes they aren't really even noticable.

5. lostinthought9

I have that sometimes too. I THINK that happens if we rub our eyes too hard. That's the only possible explanation i can think of, since I don't wear makeup.

6. sdc91

Try putting a damp, warm facecloth on the edges of your eyelids for 5 minutes twice a day. It'll open up the pores to prevent stuff from accumulating in there if that's the problem. (Advice from my opthamologist)

7. Mysterons

Mysterons Guest

It happens to me every now and then. What I notice as well is that my eyelashes fall out almost every day. They must grow pretty quickly, though, because I don't see any difference in my eyelids.

8. KaraBulut

It also helps to pay particular attention to cleansing the eyelids and eyelashes when washing your face. Oil tends to accumulate around the lashes and oil-based makeup and moisturizers can aggravate the condition. A mild cleanser like Cetaphil or diluted baby shampoo can be used to clear the accumulated oils from the lashes and lids.

9. Emberstone

this explanation might sound gross, but it is a glandular infection. there are glands at the base of each eyelashes, and sometimes, they become infected, which causes irritation and swelling. I get it periodicly. As someone said, warm wash clothes over the eye for five minutes helps. It helps break up the blockage at the base of the eyelashes. someone when I wake up the night after doing that, after I sleep, I have a little gunk clinging to my eyelashes. just wash it off and repeat until the soreness goes away. also, its good to continue for a day or more after the soreness is gone just to be sure.

10. HalfInsane

Yeah, I always use Cetaphil actually. I also tried using a warm wash cloth and just leaving it on my eyelids, which helped a lot. I'll have to do that more often... especially considering that I have a habit of hiking, etc on really dusty trails and getting dust in my eyes as a result.

Thanks. :slight_smile:

11. Emberstone

it really isnt anything for concern. just annoying in my mind.