1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Son 16 Told Me Tonight He is gay

Discussion in 'For Parents and Family Members of LGBT People' started by motleyorc, Jan 11, 2017.

1. Justinian20

For this I would use my own experience. In high school I used to flirt with women and to me it was more like a test. Now I have only recently had my first kiss and it felt just as I imagined it would. It was amazing, I knew I was gay before I even did this, because I felt it deep inside, and in high school it manifested itself in my thoughts. I thought of boys, I saw boys and I copied them because I liked them. I would often times have my eyes drawn to boys I found attractive and all through this I said I was asexual, but really I'm gay.

2. Carlgustav

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    You sound like the perfect parents for a gay son. I urge you to support the gay children who have been abused or cast out of their homes because of the randomness of their birth in any way that you are able

---------- Post added 1st Mar 2017 at 09:20 PM ----------

I made my first entry here a few minutes ago, praising your parenting. I was actually responding to one of the other posts. However it sounds like yo are great parents and urge you to support in any way you can abused or homeless gay teens

3. PlantSoul

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    A few people
    How did you know you were straight?

What does him being cerebral have to do with his sexuality?

Regardless of how he got here, I'm sure this is something he's spent a lot of time thinking on. This isn't a light topic for many people who are in the process of questioning their sexuality. He might've been trying to figure things out during the sexting thing. It's not uncommon for people to experiment when trying to figure out their sexuality. I understand that this can be a very difficult situation for non-gay family members. However, if you truly love your son, the best thing you can do is to try to be supportive.

---------- Post added 3rd Apr 2017 at 11:58 PM ----------

I can in some ways relate. Deep down, I'm sure I knew I was gay. I acknowledged it a few of times and then I started to deny it. I would try so hard to prove to myself, never so fervently to others, that I was straight but, it always had a false quality to it. I identified as many things before I was finally able to accept it again recently.

---------- Post added 4th Apr 2017 at 12:12 AM ----------

I can relate to some of this as well.