1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Some year end life decisions

Discussion in 'LGBT Later in Life' started by OnTheHighway, Jan 26, 2020.

1. OnTheHighway

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    At the end if the year I felt a need to find resolution on some important life topics. I tool a three week trip alone to think and make some decisions. Where should I live as openly gay man, should I continue having a relationship with myself or am I really ready for another relationship, how should I spend this next chapter of my life being productive: go back to my old career, continue with the education I started towards a new career, or give back and make my self available to others that can benefit from my talents and strengths.

I made some decisions following my time alone and over the prior weeks. As such, I have gotten back together with my prior boyfriend whom has been with me ever since my last divorce. When I broke up with him to focus on myself, he stayed by my side, supported me, nurtured me, cared for me and most importantly continued to love me. In return, my love for him never departed. And so we agreed to continue on our respective journeys together and see if being together as boyfriends (we will live apart for at least a year), works.

i currently live in a very conservative neighborhood that is embedded in a very progressive city with a high concentration of LGBT. I have decide to move from my current Neighbour hood and relocate directly into the center of the local gaybourhood just a few miles from where I am now to a home on a quiet street but within a few block walking distance to the center of the village. My decision to move from my current home included the alternative idea of moving to an entirely new city; but after visiting many I decided I like the city where I am.

Most of my meals are in the gaybourhood, most of my socializing is there, I am now comfortable with my self such that I want to live there and be entrenched directly within the LGBT community rather living it from the sidelines. I should also comment neither myself nor my boyfriend are late owls, we are much more the homebody’ type; but we both agree being directly within the community can benefit how we both plan to live our lives together whether it involves work, charity, socializing or future family.

I continue to explore various work related scenarios while continuing my studies for a new career. I have ruled out going back to my prior career but enjoy the work I am doing within my new studies. Fortunately I do not have any immediate pressure to make any final decision one my studies are complete, so I will let this one play out some more.

i have woken today feeling good about the current path I am on. There are risks and equal opportunity to the decisions I have made. As is always the case. I will be interested to see look back at this point and see where things have landed one, two, five years from now.

I'm gay, Kyrielles, DecentOne and 3 others like this.
  2. brainwashed

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Plans are good. Keeps one from getting stalled. Thanks for the update.

3. olderwiser

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Finding a place, i.e.community, where you feel safe is important. To be able to learn and expand your senses within that community is even better. The absolute best to you in your endeavor.