1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Some Thoughts

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by bluemohawk, Sep 3, 2020.

1. bluemohawk

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Starting out, I would internalize negativity and try to find “proof” that my identity could exist. Now I guess I’m trying to “unlearn” all of the things that I thought you “needed”? I’m a late bloomer and tend to view things objectively, so it was hard for me to face concepts that needed introspection. I felt like I was adding on to an already difficult experience with questioning my sexual orientation and gender identity. I don’t know, I guess I’m just wrestling with how to handle intersectionality with my physical disability. Which is really hard to do when some people think you have the physical, sexual, and emotional capacity of dirt. Then other people think that you’re something devious. Then it’s the people that think you don’t know yourself, and that you’re attention seeking. I guess I’m just tired of letting others trying to dictate my internal self with my external.

skygenie likes this.
  2. Andrew7

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    People can be pretty harsh and narrow minded, sounds like it's been pretty rough for you. Hopefully you'll find that this place online helps towards bringing some clarity to the aspects you're questioning such as sexual orientation.

I'm not sure why people would think you're something devious, sounds pretty mean. It's too bad some people can't see past things like a physical disability. Sounds pretty hard having people question your own beliefs about yourself as well, must be frustrating.

3. QuietPeace

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I think that this is what they are referring to (bluemohawk please correct me if I am wrong). Trans people are often seen and accused of lying or using trickery just to get into spaces or other things.

OP - I am sorry that you have the additional difficulties. Society is very ableist and often will discount how we who are differently abled see ourselves, make decisions regarding our lives or even want run our own lives at all. It is a long process of slowly digging yourself out of the programming that society and family push onto us. Go ahead and take the time to work out who you really are and ignore other people who want to define (or control) you.