1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Some People Are Just Meant to be Single, Right?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by confuseduser99, Nov 17, 2016.

1. confuseduser99

Some people are Just meant to be single, right? I feel like I'm one of them.

I remember a couple years back when I was in the closet, I knew deep down inside why I was single and never in a relationship.

Fast forward 2.5 years, and I've only been in a grand total of one relationship. I could count the number of dates I've been on with my two hands. It's pretty sad.

But I guess some people are just too headstrong, too picky and have too high of standards to be in a relationship, right?

2. johndeere3020

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Hey, don't be getting down on yourself! Your only 23, just a kid from my point of view! When your lest looking the right fella will come along. Maybe tomorrow, who knows? Then you be cuddling on a bear skin rug in front of the fire place!

Hang in there!
    Dean

3. GreenTree

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Heyy. I was in a similar position as you to some extent. When I was still unsure of my sexuality, I had dated girls 2 times but neither lasted for more than 3 months due to me just losing all interest in them, and it made me feel horrible because they're actually really nice people. After my 2nd relationship I felt that I would spend the rest of my life single and avoid hurting people again (I knew I had attraction to males for a long time but I think I was never really addressing it seriously at the time).

So yeah, I decided to be single and well I entered a state of depression and loneliness for quite a while... not really understanding at the time why.

However, one summer break I had gone home and during that time also lived with my best friend (from childhood) and what was planned to be just a week of living with him ended up being for a month+. For that whole month we were hitting the gym, swimming, hiking, going on road trips and just basically being like tourists in our own country. It was such fun and I then realised I had not felt such happiness in such a long time. Furthermore, during this time he really showed care for me (he had some classes during this time which I stayed with him as my summer break and his does not really match) and made sure that he'd get back to his apartment ASAP after classes and not leave me alone for too long, think about what we could eat for lunch/dinner - just simple things really but it was so pleasant to felt cared for and to know someone had you in his thoughts. He's now my boyfriend and we've been together for 4 years.

At the time when I stayed with him I did not know that he's also gay. I did not accept my sexuality at the time too. But by chance, we came together and things worked out. I am very happy now.

So clichéd I know, but that really made me believe that love finds us unexpectedly. I wish you all the best! :slight_smile:

4. Nikky DoUrden

If it makes u feel better i had 0 relationships

5. ghostly

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Maybe. But who knows?
    Perhaps one day you will find someone and everything will make sense.
    Besides, gay people generally have their first relationships at an older age than straight people. There aren't exactly a lot of us.