1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Social problems

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by Natasha Elyssa, Jun 17, 2017.

1. Natasha Elyssa

I'm not going to lie, I'm not a very social person. I prefer to be alone. I like being by myself. I do make some friends or acquaintances now and then, but I extremely prefer being alone. Although it is ironic how I don't like being alone. Like, I want to be alone but I don't want to be a at the same time. It's weird. Like, I hate going to stores by myself and stuff, but I usually end up unhappy anyway. It's really weird. And my school counselor alway said that I need to stretch my comfort zone and "connect" more, but I never really wanted to. I mean, obviously I have all these hopes and dreams of such wonderful and happy people and things, but I really don't like it in reality. This gets me a lot of criticism from my family, especially my parents and my sister. It's like, no I don't want you to order for me because I'm lazy or I don't know how, it's cause I don't like social interaction and awkwardness. I'm a loner. Destined to be permanently stuck in this loop of yearning for a good social life whilst avoiding it at all costs. It's bad.

This leads me to my next topic, dating. Okay, I'm bloody 18 now. I really wanna get out there and put myself out there. I really wanna make a change, but I don't think I can do that without companionship. Thus, me moaning about my social problems. But like, I really want to date. Experiment with things and hopefully find a significant other. Mainly, I want people to support me and comfort me and I can do the same for. On the outside I have a hard shell, but on the inside I'm just mush. Mush that wants to be cuddled. Of course I want friendship, and I think a significant other should be your best friend, but I want my soul mate. I hope I can get out there in college and find people to support me and find a special someone. I want love, it's something I've never really had. I want compassion. I want everything a person is supposed to have, that I don't. One of my biggest goals is to find my "special one" and be, mutually, happy. I like a lot of things, but I never have anything that likes me back.

My point is that I want to find happiness. And I want to start dating. I like girls. No matter if they're cis or trans, I like girls. I like feminine things personally, and I wouldn't mind finding somebody who likes feminine things as well. Romantically, I don't like boys. I mean, I do want to "experiment" but I don't see myself marrying a boy. I really like girls. I wouldn't mind dating somebody as long as we legitimately like each other and get along. And I feel that, in a relationship, you should be really close to your significant other. I think your significant other should be your best friend and you shouldn't be scared to talk to them or tell them anything. And I believe that good lovers should be able to stick together no matter what, that you should always be there for each other. At the end of the day, all I want is somebody who I can just look in their eyes and see stars in them and feel happy and like I belong. I yearn for that sense of belonging that comes with love. I want it all. Even the bad parts. As long as we're still happy in the end and can stick together, I'm content. And I'm looking at the long-term here. Not just quick and easy relationships. I want to find the one. It's not that I want the commitment, it's that I want something that's long lasting.

Anyways, it's a thing. I just want to fall in love. I love romance and really want to experience it for myself, even though the very sight of anything romantic makes me cringe sometimes. It is funny, how I don't want to see it but I want it at the same time. But yeah, it's a thing. Although I am a little bit scared of online dating, I wouldn't mind giving it a chance. Any recommendations? Any advice? I really want to form many meaningful and happy relationships, but I really really want a significant other. But yeah, it's a thing. I got issues and I don't know how to solve them. What else is new? It always seems as if nothing positive or good is going to happen to me. Meh. *sigh* :neutral_face:

2. skittlz

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Oh hey! Yeah I can totally relate to the wanting to be alone but feeling lonely! Making some good friends is a good start :slight_smile:

I'm also socially awkward, and I find it helps to take baby steps and gradually integrate more club activities into daily life. One of the things I'm sad about is not being able to do Science Olympiad this year. So I joined a club where we make crafts. I met a couple of friends. I also took a extracurricular class in astronomy and met a friend there. Try joining into conversations on a daily basis.

Personally, friendships can be overwhelming because it takes a lot to maintain it sometimes. (as I like spending a lot of time by myself) But on that note, It isn't too hard to rekindle friendships that have been left in the cold a bit.

As for romance, all I can say is to be patient. Long lasting relationships often happen very gradually and naturally.