1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

So um dating?

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by GazesToClouds, Jan 19, 2022.

1. GazesToClouds

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    So im a 21yr old guy, ive been in one relationship before (with a girl) and have recently come to the conclusion im not straight, and have decided that i might be ready to explore those feelings with someone. But up until coming to EC my experience meeting anyone LGBT+ has been limited to like one person, so im very new to this sort of thing IRL. Ive considered dating apps but i know that they are mostly just a sham and are just used for horny people looking for a quick hookup. Which i am certainly not interested in, in any shape or form.

Id say im a pretty average guy, im on the shorter side (ok fine im pretty short like 5ft 3 or something i dunno imperial is weird) im also pretty thin, not very muscular. I think im pretty average all things considered, not the best looking but not the worst. But i certainly dont have the confidence to just talk to people . . . thats very scary. So how does someone like me meet someone who can help me explore the feelings i have. Also i work at a school so there is ZERO chance of me meeting someone at work (unless i want someone double my age or a prison sentence) I dont currently go to the gym although im hoping that will change within the next month as im trying to work out how to go to the same place as my buddies.

Any advice is appreciated, if you need more info about me please ask im happy to provide :grin:

2. BiGemini87

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hello again, @GazesToClouds!

This is a tough one for people who are naturally shy/introverted. I'd say your best bet is to look into places that foster your interests, hobbies, etc. Or you can look into any LGBT groups in your area. Last I checked, FB also has a dating feature, so you can create a dating profile on there (though no one on your friend list will see it unless you want them to).

If you do wind up going to the gym, that might be another way to meet people, as there are bound to be other men looking for the same--though there could be just as many looking for hook-ups there, too. So either way, it might be a bit of a gamble and could take awhile to find someone who matches your interests. But the important thing is putting yourself out there and trying. :slight_smile:

3. Gaypjo

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Hey! I would say dating apps get a worse rep then they deserve. Sure there’s some horny people but also a decent amount of people who want relationships. (Admittedly still shitty but I think it’s not as bad as ppl say. I’ve used them quite a bit.) meeting new people is hard? Lgbt groups can help you meet some new people, other then that just go places with things you like and hope for the best. Honestly for me anyways, the best people always appear when your not looking for them. I wish you luck in your dating endeavors!

4. GazesToClouds

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Hello again haha, fancy seeing you here. I like the idea of just rocking up somewhere but also the act of actually going petrifies me and fills me with much anxiety. In an ideal world i would have a extrovert just "adopt" me and drag me by the hand to force me out of my comfort zone because i really not sure i can do it myself. I would maybe go with a friend but i dont think any of my friends bar one would go out of their way like that for me. and the one that might is just about to start his honours degree, so its not really an option. How do people just go to new things, i just get terribly nervous just thinking about it

I suppose you are probably right, im sure there are plenty of genuine people on dating apps but i guess its just a chore to try and sift through to find them. I guess another problem i have with doing this online is you cant get the verbal queues and stuff like that so sometimes i find it difficult to get the right interpretation of what they actually mean if that makes sense