1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

So, there's a creepypasta that's been ruining my life

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Cow, Jun 30, 2016.

1. Cow

Cow

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    And this whole thing has to do with the topic of reality itself, so, if you're sensitive about that stuff, like myself, I suggest you don't read this.

Okay so, I'm gonna skip the backstory, and just say that there's a creepypasta called "wake up" and it's basically just another one of those "theories" about life. I'm sure by the title alone, you can understand what the pasta is about. If you can't, well, let me explain.

I know you know the main point, but like...the 'cause of it is like...a violent crime happens to you, and one that I don't wish to mention because it's probably happened to more people on here than I'd like to know and I'm very sorry if it has happened, and you sort of pass out and go into your own little paradise in your head.

When I heard this for the first time, I was already dealing with an existential crisis 10x, so it fucked my head up even more.

Let it be known that I already have anxiety and OCD, so this just BLEW UP. It ruined my life even more, and by some god given miracle, I was able to get over it and realize, "shit, creepypasta's aren't even real." And I was right! I did some research into it, and a few things that got me were like...

The way you "wake up" is that your own brain send you a scary note, like an actual note, begging you to "wake up." Here's thing tho, that's...that's stupid. That's not how dreams work- that's not even how lucid dreams work. That's just a cheap thing the creator of the creepypasta used to scare you even more. I have repeatedly even said "dude- just do it then" ...and I don't :y because it's a creepypasta- creepypasta's aren't real.

Another thing- the creepypasta is basically describing...I guess a coma. That's not how coma's work either. It's just...darkness. I've researched it.

ANOTHER THING- Nothing would come as a surprise to me if this were the case, however, I have been very surprised by many things. Plus- that whole...you don't see people in dreams that you haven't seen in real life. New people enter my life every day that I have never seen before. I also move around a lot, and I've never seen the landscape, so...

AND ANOTHER THING- This isn't my paradise. If this were my paradise...nothing bad would happen- crimes wouldn't happen, nothing bad would happen...but they do.

Also, I can't control things the way I want. If this were my paradise, I could do that.

Also again...well, the pasta has an AUTHOR. Someone created the pasta for the soul purpose of scaring people. I mean- even the causes of the paradise are scary. It's like those creepypastas that try too hard and just put blood everywhere.

I could also die, starve to death, still actually have those crimes happen to me- those- those aren't things that would happen, or that I would worry about, in my paradise.

Here's the thING THO-

The fear from the pasta came back...which-which I guess means it's a good pasta. I've been having very bad anxiety over it for a few weeks, and it's just- it's not really making me dysfunctional like it did the first time since I've dealt with it before, but, it's giving me anxiety spikes and it makes living easy very difficult.

Really, what I want to know, is if like...this has happened to someone else- even if a pasta has made you so paranoid and scared before.

Also, I'm pretty sure this is caused because of some sort of disorder. It's either my anxiety, or, disassociation.

I've been too scared to look this up because you always find things that just make it worse rather than better.

2. Spot

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Yes and it was the same one that you're talking about lol. I think I was like 13 or 14 when I first read it and it creeped me out. It's not even that long, it's like a paragraph of text. I got over it eventually but it's probably one of the best/worst I've read. Oh and the Lavender Town Syndrome one, it didn't really affect my life greatly or anything, I'm just too freaked out to ever listen to the full song. I tried to once and turned it off halfway because of the story and because I had a headache from it :grin:

3. Cow

Cow

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    How did you get over it? :0

4. RavenTheRat

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    All but family
    Okay, so I'm embarassed to say this, but the Smile.jpg creepypasta scared the living jesus christ out of me when I was a kid. As someone who's basically addicted to creepypastas, I've had my fair share of ones that f*cked me over, Eyes In The Closet for one.

The only way I've found that worked for me to get over the fear is just being stern with myself- "You are being stupid. Someone wrote this. It's fake. Now stop worrying."
    And basically mantra-ing that until it works :'D

5. Plattyrex

I was in your exact position with the same creepypasta. I actually knew exactly which one you were referring to as soon as I read the title of this thread. I have a really bad anxiety disorder coupled with depression, and this really just made me feel dead inside. I just had to wait it out really. I just let it fester and eventually it stopped bothering me. Idk if I subconsciously rationalized the situation or what, but I did get better eventually. I hope you feel better soon (*hug*).

6. Libertino

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I had never heard of this creepypasta until today (I'm not that into memes or internet phenomena in general) but after reading about this "wake up" one, I'm intrigued, because it is eerily similar to a short story I wrote when I was in high school. The short story begins seemingly out of nowhere, with a teenage boy wandering along the side of a road; two people pick him up and realize this boy is suffering from amnesia--together they try to solve the mystery of where he came from and what happened to him. Except, throughout the story strange things happen, weird clues and riddles, surreal experiences that defy explanation that make it clear that some unseen force is after this boy. At the end it's revealed that in fact, the whole story has been a fantasy, the boy in reality is chained in a basement being held by some maniac, and the story was an attempt at an escape fantasy that unraveled in the end. There was no "wake up" message, but the strange clues in the story were essentially all trying to tell him that it wasn't reality, indicating how unstable this alternate world was, that it was a creation of his subconscious. (But he does escape for real at the end, though, I'm not that heartless).

Anyway, I know this doesn't really answer the question, but I can't feel creeped out by a creepypasta that's similar to something I wrote years ago! Maybe the creator of this one copied me...

#6 Libertino, Jul 1, 2016
    Last edited: Jul 1, 2016
  7. Marish

Marish Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Yeah, happened to me too at 9 im bipolar now so do ubderstand exactly. Keep smiling and feel free to msg me to talk

8. Cow

Cow

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    You all are incredibly helpful- god- thank you so much.

9. HappyGirlLucky

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I love thinking about deep existential questions. I had never read the creepypasta before (or any other ones) because I am not into scary stuff, and like you I can get creeped out easily. But I found it odd that it would scare anyone? I mean, if I wanted to leave a note for myself, why would I post it on a website dedicated to creepy stuff? You would think I would put it on my desktop or something, and I would keep it much shorter and to the point and mention some physical evidence. But even if I had such a dark sense of humor in my moments of torture I have no scrapes, no bruises or any other signs of being hurt to show for it.

So either it is not happening or I am experiencing an entirely made up reality where everything except my notes make sense. If it is the latter there is nothing I can do about that, and that's alright because this alternate reality is pretty cool too. Plus it probably means if I die in this reality I will wake up in the other, so I basically have a free extra life! I just hope I am still gay in the other one when I wake up or I am going to be really disappointed and demand to be brought back here. :tantrum:

10. Weekender

I've never read any creepypastas myself, but this one does sound very much like a passing thought I had when I was a young child, that perhaps I was actually in a coma and experiencing a real-time dream-state simulation conjured up by my brain. (Of course, at 7 years old, I didn't have the language to really define the thought so well). I've thought about it on and off in the years since, and after studying the neurological processes of perception, have come up with a theory as to how it's technically possible for the brain to conjure vivid experiences that seem quite real (and then, as waking from a dream, forgetting them entirely upon exiting the coma). (Sorry, that's likely not what you need to hear.)

Still, it's not a concept that personally scares me. I think the key to getting rid of your fear first lies in understanding the root of your fear. So, what is it about this creepypasta that is so heavily triggering your anxiety? Is it the suggestion of having experienced some unknown trauma? Is it the worry that this reality you're experiencing isn't actually real at all? Maybe take some time to analyze exactly what's going through your mind when you consider this creepypasta. When you identify exactly what is is about the concept that you find you frightening, you can start working to break it apart. For instance, if the source is the mind-warping suggestion that what you're experiencing isn't reality, I'd do some research on what some philosophers have had to say on the nature of reality (perhaps something along the lines of Simulacra and Simulation).

11. Bobsleigh1

Bobsleigh1 Guest

I've never actually read a creepypasta. I know quite a few and their storylines and characters (when they really have those things...), but i've never actually read one.
    I've always planned to give one a go though.
    Probably because i'm not scared very easily and kinda miss the feeling of knowing i won't be able to sleep the next night but still feeling a little thrilled and maybe even a little brave after being scared sh*tless, y'know?
    I've kind of accidentally numbed myself to everything 'scary' by watching a ton of horror lets plays and movies, playing horror games, reading up on supernatural events and just generally creepy sh*t on the internet, and, of course, just being someone who is generally a fan of creepy sh*t for years and years.
    So i think it'd be fun to try out some creepypastas just to test me on whether i have any of the human resolve or emotions remaining anymore, y'know? (─‿─)
    And i just feel like having a scare. A long night of paranoia... Ah, how i half-miss those nights...
    So, hey, maybe i'll give this a go at some point...???
    It does sound incredibly intriguing...
    And i tend to like contemplating reality and the likes. It's a fun and deathly confusing subject...

#11 Bobsleigh1, Jul 3, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 3, 2016
  12. n3ko

I don't really get scared by creepypasta because a) my brain thinks these weird things without reading anything and b) most of them are illogical.

I think the way you analysed it put it to rest.

13. Cow

Cow

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    I mean- from what I'm able to make out, something like this would be something like a lucid dream, wouldn't it? I have friends who are avid lucid dreamers, and they've told me the brain can't really conjure what it hasn't experienced, and I travel a lot, so I see a lot of new places that I (since they were...new :y) had never seen before.

I also still go to school. The brain can't really teach itself what it's currently learning. New foods wouldn't be a thing either as I haven't tasted new foods, and new foods are being handed to me on different days that taste like nothing I've actually had.

The creepypasta is flawed as I really wouldn't be able to experience new things...

Also it's worth noting that the creepypasta was stolen from a minecraft creepypasta :y
    and also they used catatonic wrong

and also no, that's not what i needed to hear ;~;

14. QueerTransEnby

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I am completely confused. This must be a generational thing.

15. thrashgal

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    yea wth is a creepypasta?? im gonna have to google it after i post, but i totally thought this shit was about pasta as in FOOD....woulda helped if u explained in the beginning...:confused: