1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

So the avid book readers, help me out

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by Cas girl, Mar 28, 2019.

1. Cas girl

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I read this book when I was in my 8th grade. It was a hand me down so I have no idea when it was published. It is about the adventures and experiences of staff members of a vacation retreat or club. It is narrated by a regular member of the club. He tells their adventures as stories to different visitors. The book is divided into chapters with each chapter being about weird situations faced by the staff while dealing with the guests. There was the head of the ladies division who had a Welsh accent. I remember that the cover showed the staff in bright yellow uniform. There is this one story that I can remember. A robotic gorilla is brought to the club ( camp,retreat, holiday house... I can't remember) as a main attraction which is absolutely loathed by the resident preacher (I think he doubled as preacher). It activates when he is in the middle of delivering the sermon. All the guest stop paying attention to him as they are distracted by the gorilla’s actions. The guy loses it and starts banging on the gorilla cage.

This book is so funny and it is absolutely devastating that I can’t remember the title.
    I think the resident jester was called Spike ( I am not sure).

Please please, if it rings any bells, comment down below.
    I will be eternally grateful.

Thank you. Have a nice day.
    V

2. 18breanna

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I think the site your looking for is reddit's r/TipOfMyTongue. It's for these exact questions. Hope you find it!

3. Cas girl

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Thank you for the tip. I will give it a try.