1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

So... That new video from Trisha Paytas...

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by jaybirb, Oct 9, 2019.

1. jaybirb

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I am so confused and lowkey embarrassed for her, obviously I would never tell someone what gender they really are or whatever but she clearly didn't do much research about what being trans is actually like before posting this video. I'm still reeling after watching Jamie Raines react to the vid, so my thoughts are a little out of order. But anyway, she seems to wish that she could just present however she wants, no makeup or doing her hair, wear whatever she wants, and that's perfectly fine for her to do, cisgender women do not at all have to conform to female stereotypes. Or maybe she's genderfluid, or nonbinary, but it just becomes a little more problematic when she says that she "feels like a gay man," and I was groaning and facepalming at all the times she said "want/choose to be a guy"... I was reaaaal shocked when she suggested that trans men can't be satisfied with a gay male partner or satisfy said partner because they have "female parts," I had to take a step back because, well, I don't even need to tell y'all how incorrect that is. I love Jamie's reaction when he mentioned how the way she talked about "parts" was like going to a mechanic and getting the "right parts" though :joy: Let's not forget how she also said that she "1000% identifies as trans" but also "1000% as my natural born gender" and that language is ehhh... Anyway, I'll leave room for others to react to this...interesting video, lol.

2. Batman

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I only watched like half the video, but it seems to me like Trisha is just pretty uninformed. Trisha said a lot of ignorant and incorrect stuff, but I don't really think that's a fair reason to deny someone's gender.

I would rather be supportive of someone who turns out not to be trans, than to be unsupportive of someone who is.

3. Alexanlelj

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I could only watch a couple of minutes of it before i had to stop watching. I don't know if she's trans but i hope that if she is that she will fix her mistakes with in the video and be more informed.