1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

so my friend. *mentions death no details* long.

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by misslovely, Feb 16, 2020.

1. misslovely

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    so a friend of mine died jan. 17. he was 31. and. he was gay. i really. don't know how he died............i remember. on another social media site [sorry. i've since forgotten the rules about mentioning which site] he and i talked about that and. i once asked him when he knew and. apparently he knew. he was gay since he was 14. but didn't know what that meant. i found out jan. 19th. that he'd died i mean. such a tragedy.
    i. he was. a good guy..............one of the nicest people i'd known. i found out a little over a month ago that he'd. left. and he was someone i. completely trusted. oh as to how i know him, sorry. from my days in boarding school. we didn't, travel in the same circles but. he was one of those to where. he didn't talk much to me but not about me, either. which i appreciate/d.
    i think he might've had depression but again i. have no idea if that's why he. left. ..................i don't trust that many people completely. i've recently. gotten at his aunt and asked if she has any information. on him and what happened and haven't heard anything. i'll ask again, in a few wks.
    everyone loved him and. he was so loved and for that. he...............was lucky. ................i. [this is really hard to type. this post] loved him. i'd told him. and. he loved me. as a person. as people. he'd told me the same via. a social media site. yeah i'd. call him a friend i think that's the right term.
    maybe we will find somebody like him.............someone so kind and caring. and the last time i saw him. it was good. we went out for drinks had a good conversation. and i'm so glad we did. he gave me a gift, in trusting him that much. um................he was so much like me. artist, animal lover. loved cats and birds. quiet. i still. want to ask him things only to realise. he's not here in the same way he once was.
    i. actually wrote him a letter to go w/ him on his journey and emailed it to his aunt. and she told me she got it and. presumably it was well. buried w/ him.
    i vividly remember. when all of us. rather. when i was in boarding school. all of us took a tip up to maine. and one night i was. having a hard time w/ my depression running around up and down the stairs to. to the.............house we all stayed in and. back outside. just erratic. and he. i remember. he was one of the two people that night. who looked at me.............like he had all the time in the world............at that moment. and asked 'are you ok?" whether i replied or not isn't the point. his kindness and the fact that he took the time out of his day to do so. to ask that. is. i've talked to him. at least once since i found out. it's less new but still hard. he was a giver so i'm not sure what he'd want. for me for anyone. somebody like him...............what a rarity. i. didn't go to the burial as it was out of state. it's been 3 wks. since he. you know. ...............

2. HM03

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Sorry for your loss.

Things get easier with time. But if the person had a significant impact on your life, then you move forward but it will always hurt a bit.

3. bingostring

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    It’s such a tragedy when this happens. I know of two school friends who killed themselves.

you will never know what was going on with him.
    there was probably little you could have done even if you had more information at the time

He was unwell and was following a path he probably wanted to be kept secret from everyone.

the best gift from this experience is to have people more on your radar in the future.
    If you notice them withdrawing socially, or are not behaving quite right, pick up the phone and just ask if they’re OK