1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

So Much Is Happening!

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by iiimee, Jan 22, 2015.

1. iiimee

Hey guys, Chase here. I am super excited! And super sad... or angry. :help:

In any case, this is what's happening that I'd like to talk about-

First off, I am getting a new haircut! I might get it tommarow (my birthday!) or next weekend. I will put the picture of some guy who has the same haircut I am getting down at the bottom of this post. (I found the picture on google images.) However, this haircut came with a price.

The price I paid was one of my closest friends (Angela) got angry at me because she says "I am a girl and I am cutting off my beautiful hair!" I told her she has no right to be angry at me, but she just stormed off and we haven't spoken again yet.

However, I am STILL excited about maybe going to a transgender group meeting the 29th. I had spoken with my gender therapist many times about going, but haven't went yet. I will be the youngest teenager there she said, as only one is a grade above me and the rest are in high school. They are mostly trans guys she said, though there is ONE trans girl in the group. I'm sure I'll become buddies with them all. (&&&)

So... can anyone tell me if they think this haircut might work on me? And how do I deal with my friend Angela? She's known forever I am a trans guy, and still seems to insist I am female! I want her as a friend, but I can't stay friends with somebody who keeps insulting me... :tears:

http://www.muumuse.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/07/troye-sivan.jpg

2. Okulous

I think the haircut looks great! About your friend, you will probably have to let her go. If someone doesn't accept you for who you are, you shouldn't be with them. It sucks, but sometimes it has to happen. Anytime you need support, we are always here.

3. jay777

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Congratulations, wish you fun on the 29th and on your birthday :slight_smile:

Its possible your friend still has some preconceived ideas, or has not understood yet...

here is a simply adaptable story, maybe this could help:
    http://www.gires.org.uk/assets/mums-adventure.pdf

(*hug*)

4. NingyoBroken

NingyoBroken Guest

I like your hair just the way it is. But the really short hairstyle will probably help passing. Do what you want!
    I am eternally biased towards longer hair on either gender so yeah.. Haha

Honestly I'd stop being friends with that girl. I hate being referred to as female at all by anyone, if I had a friend constantly calling me a girl I'd go fucking mental and start cursing and shit. The first thing I'd say is "It's either you stop fucking calling me a girl, or our friendship is fucking over."

#4 NingyoBroken, Jan 22, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 22, 2015
  5. BradThePug

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I've sadly lost some of my friends for the same reason. If she really was your friend, she would accept you as being male. I've had some friends that I totally cut off, and later on they came around and apologized. So, that could happen too.

You don't need somebody in your life that is going to contradict you and try to drag you down. You need people who accept you for who you are, and treat you as the man that you are.

6. Jellal

That hair's what I call movie-quality. Like you could be in a movie. Cinematic hair.

I've thought long and hard about what I'd do if my friends decided to turn me away if I honestly expressed myself. I think the best thing to do is cordially extend an invitation to her, maybe not face to face but in some kind of message, telling her that you are still willing to see her as a friend—that you can forgive her if she decides to accept you after all. But if that doesn't work, don't push it further. The sad truth of the matter in a case like that is she may not be able to adjust and keep being a friend to you, at least not for a while. Tough as it is, accept that and move on. People who support you, those are dependable friends.

7. crazycat

Out Status:
    A few people
    If she keeps insisting that you're a girl and she doesn't accept your gender, she might not be the best person to be friends with. I would say to sit down and talk to her, but if she already knows you're trans than you have probably already done that.

8. Lazuri

I think you should tell Angela that she needs to start respecting your identity and that it's really hurtful when she doesn't. You've talked about her before and I have a hard time thinking she won't eventually come around, she seems to care for you otherwise. If push comes to shove just don't burn the bridge. Tell her that if she wants to start accepting your identity and become friends again it'd make you very happy.

9. GhostOfRazgriz

I also think you should tell Angela that she needs to respect who you are. Also, she should respect the choices you make about your appearance, like your hair, regardless of what your gender identity is and regardless of if you choose to grow it down to your knees or shave it all off. If she's a close friend of yours I'm sure she'll eventually come to terms with it. You should choose the hair style that you want. :slight_smile:

10. Daydreamer1

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
  11. iiimee

Thanks everyone! I just came back from cutting my hair and will post the pictures now! Happy birthday to me, happy birthday to me! :slight_smile:

12. jay777

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Happy birthday!

(&&&)

#12 jay777, Jan 23, 2015
    Last edited: Jan 23, 2015
  13. iiimee

My pictures are up! Please go see my new haircut and tell me your opinion!

14. Lazuri

Shiet son, you look great. No, really.

And happy birthday, it seems like it's a good one for you.

15. GhostOfRazgriz

I think it looks grand! <3 It really suits you, you look great! Jellal was right, you look like you could be in a movie. :thumbsup:

Happy birthday, by the way! :slight_smile: