1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

So it finally happened....

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by rokara, Jun 27, 2017.

1. rokara

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Straight but curious
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Over the weekend my wife and I finally had the deep conversation we've needed to have about our relationship and my possible transition. She stated that she can't support me as a wife, but can only do it as a friend.

And then Sunday night the "bomb" was dropped. Right as we were going to bed that night she finally ended our marriage without saying it. I just knew and broke down. I've never sobbed so hard for so long in my life.

I managed to make it through the day yesterday, even with it taking half the day to calm down and stop my mind from going a million miles an hour in a million different directions. I still feel like a second breakdown is lurking just beneath the surface and almost had it twice this morning before my soon-to-be ex-wife left for work. We're trying to keep things normal for the sake of our nephews, but it just doesn't seem....right. Almost as if there's an invisible barrier that's come up between us.

I'm just putting this up in the hopes that getting this out somewhere will help relieve even a little bit of the pain and confusion until I'm ready to let me relatives know. If anyone has any advice on anything that can be done to help, it'd be greatly appreciated

2. Orchidea123

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    It' been a few days - hopefully you are doing better! Your wife was honest with you too, must have been extremely harsh words to hear.. I can not imagine how difficult this must be. I really wish you smooth transition and adjustment.
    Some day you may see it as a significant step towards your new life, something positive..

3. silverhalo

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Aww I'm sorry you are finding things tough.

4. rokara

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Straight but curious
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I'm starting to do better. Yesterday was the first day all week that hasn't felt like its dragged out, so that's an improvement lol. The door's been left open slightly that there's a chance things can be worked out, but I'm not holding my breath. Seems like it's a matter of when, not if. We have the next year to get everything figured out as neither of us can move out, or truly move on, until then (lease is up at that point).

Worst part is holding back on showing the love and affection that I still have for her. However, having 4 kiddos around to watch during the day has helped tremendously and hopefully some time soon I will get to have a day out to just do things and forget about stuff for a while :slight_smile:

5. silverhalo

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'm glad you are feeling better. EC is always here if you want to talk.

6. rokara

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Straight but curious
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I'm gonna be making more of an effort to post on here and get to know people. This site has helped out a lot in addition to the 4 kiddos that keep me busy every day lol. :slight_smile:

7. silverhalo

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    We would love be to get to know you too.