1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

So I went back home for the holidays

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by kscurious, Dec 6, 2017.

1. kscurious

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I went back to WI to my parents home for thanksgiving. It was a great time except for dinner. We're eating dinner and in front of everyone (relatives who know and don't know) my father asks me "you're not still thinking you're gay?" The whole table went dead silent. I told him I was gay and there was nothing I could do about it, it's just who I am." My father "maybe you should see a pyschologist" i started to cry involuntarily because I thought he was coming around. He didn't care that I had a 3.5 GPA in my chemistry studies at Northwestern and was set to go to graduate school next year for chemistry. He didn't care that I was finally thriving in chicago, after months of being depressed and suicidal (depression is for weak people according to my father) he didn't care that I was finally comfortable with being myself. He made me feel invalid. I'm sorry I'm not the perfect son. I'm sorry I didn't come out straight. But look at all the success I've had in my life I told him. All my mother talks about is how she won't have any grandchildren. I don't think he'll ever come around but I just wish he could tolerate my life.