1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

So how many hours do you devote to working out?

Discussion in 'Physical & Sexual Health' started by Roralo, May 1, 2009.

1. Apocalypte

Same for me... my 2:17 half-marathon time makes me want to get all emo.

Also, capoeira looks really awesome, you should definitely give it a go if you get a chance!

2. TheBP

Eh...less than I should.

I have two hour-long sessions with my trainer a week, but I really should stay and run some. I just hate getting sweaty. It's something I avoid if I have to...

3. Just Adam

no enough im still a fat useless blob

4. Amy

Amy

Just enough to get PE hours. And that's mostly yoga and walking around town.

5. Stuie

Well my school has compulsory sport on Thursday afternoon, so I'm doing "Theatre Sports." :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

In conclusion, zero hours are devoted to working out. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

6. Colly

Around 5 hours a week - but looking to dedicate more.

7. jonny

The gym blows it's so boring, I do ride my bike for like 2 hrs at a time for 2-3 nights a week but only at nights it's way too hot in the day, and I'm sleeping in the mornings.

8. Jose Carioca

Out Status:
    A few people
    1 hour every day.

9. dictionary

Rowing Season which is generaly most of the year.... i would have three 1.5 hour sessions on watter a week, a 1 hour morning "ergo" sesh, gym once a week and weekend reggatta like all day but only under 20 mins racing.

During the off season..one hour long hockey training, one hockey match and maby one 30 min run a week..

10. dude99

dude99 Guest

during much of year martial arts at least 2 times a week and go to gym at least 3 times a week. I usually spend about 45 min to an hour in each session for the gym.

11. SaiRev3

I try to do at least 2 hours or more a day. :slight_smile:

12. VampConspiracy

Literally 0. Never in the mood: maybe I should get back on Prozac. However, my weight, while a bit on the big side (no, I'm not quite a blob), seems to be static.

I was actually written out of the mandatory PE we have here in <some location>. Not because I'm lazy, but because of some... mishaps on the part of other students that still haunt me to this day. It was a protection against those violent emotional outbursts that I had in those days.

Having mental conditions is a... you know what.

#72 VampConspiracy, Jun 29, 2010
    Last edited: Jun 29, 2010
  13. Taurusguy92

I worked out quite a bit duirng Track season... but then stopped. Started working out again and will continue to. I just do situps, pushups, and pullups in the morning. I'm going to start lifting soon (hopefully) and get back into Capoeira. Oh and I want to start swimming to work out. Lol I know there's no time... but I don't rly keep track of the time

14. Owen

In Loving Memory Full Member

I never go to the gym, but in the spring, summer, and fall, I bike frequently. When biking isn't an option, due to weather or just me being too tired, I walk. How much time I spend each week doing the above activities usually depends on my schedule. If I'm too busy, I won't get any in, but that rarely even happens, since I pretty much need to bike or walk to keep my stress under control. (Exercise is great for that reason.) I try to get in a ride or walk every other day at the least, and they are usually forty minutes or more long. BUT, with enough time in my schedule, I can go even longer. I've been known to take hour or even two-hour long walks with a certain friend whom I go on walks with frequently, and I've recently taken to biking into a local city about once every two days (on average), which is an hour in both direction. The fact that I usually go there to get ice cream probably negates some of the effect, but hey, the guy who works there is cute.

15. Nialla

Nialla Guest

For the past three months I've been going to the gym anywhere between 2 and 4 times a week, for 1 1/2 hours at a time. (Using both the cardio and the weights). Recently I've found it to be far too hot to go (there's no AC at the gym I go to, and it's bad enough in the winter when there's a load of bodies in there). So I do my best to go for a 2.5km (not much but I have to be careful with my knee) jog every [other] day instead.

Unfortunately, I can feel myself putting on weight now I've stopped the gym...which is absurd, since I eat well.

16. British Lad

British Lad Guest

Does playing on the Playstation and computer count?
    But serasly I bike to and from college in all weather sunny to snow and ice, and I got marshal Arts twice a week.

#76 British Lad, Jun 29, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 29, 2010
  17. Rikudo

Well on average I do 2hrs a day 5 days a week. One hour of lifting and another hour of plyometrics. But once football starts up I'll be doing 6 hours of practice for 2adays and then it'll be 3 hours for a normal practice. I find myself having become a weightroom junkie because if I don't go for a day or so I become irritable and stressed.

18. IsItSo

Out Status:
    A few people
    Zero. I do walk a lot but that's just to get from one place in town to another, not to keep in shape. When I'm on vacation I bicycle, but that's for fun.

19. malachite

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I do the insanity work outs, I just started, they run about 30 - 40 minutes.
    They are tough.

20. paul 123

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    i run like 6 days a week, 20-40 minutes :slight_smile: im gonna start cycling more and walking though,