1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

So how many hours do you devote to working out?

Discussion in 'Physical & Sexual Health' started by Roralo, May 1, 2009.

1. djt820

Probably in the negatives.

2. mattypants

hours? i suppose its about 2 now thanks to finally getting a tennis partner. go healthy!

3. Hidden Angel

Hidden Angel Guest

A grade total of 0

4. xxxxx

xxxxx Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I do plenty of working over a period of 11 hour's per day * that by 4 day's a week. Erm try to do a few sit-up's in the morning. A few push-up's then will hit the weight's do about 40 on each arm.. That's all.

5. Filip

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Well, not working out by doing gym stuff, but I try to do 3 hours of judo and 2 hours of swimming a week.

However, the going to the pub with friends afterwards tends to ruin any positive effects...

6. acorn7

I've wanted to work out regularly for a while and I've been doing 2 days/week in the gym for about an hour and I'm really glad :slight_smile: But now, school's over so I won't have access to its gym, and I don't want to sign up for a commercial one for the summer :frowning2:

My plan is to do a crazy lot of swimming to try to at least maintain my meager muscles :slight_smile: And get a tan!

7. Kryz

ahahaha NONE

I just... do my usual stuff on the day which involves a lot of activity with the crazy friends...

8. Just Adam

i just did 6 hours of non sit down yay me ... sleepy now

9. Dare2bProud

3-4 times a week. 1/2 Hour Cardio, 1/2 hour weights/toning. :slight_smile:

10. Markio

I don't work out intentionally. I do walk a lot, because I hate staying in my room with my roommates and I'm never satisfied to stay in one place on my campus.

Next semester I'm taking a hip hop dance class for fun, so that should be pretty cardiovascular... I'd like to work out my arms too, but I have no idea how to start.

11. Wander

Wander Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Maybe 30 minutes every day, except weekends. It's not really organized, structured, or planned, but I try to run for 10-15 minutes and then do random other stuff for a little while. I'm certainly not trying to lose weight - if I did I might blow away - but a little exercise couldn't hurt.

12. Mellowish

none but im pretty underweight to be honest and thats weird cus i eat normally

13. AtomicCafe

AtomicCafe Guest

I know lesbians don't have the same stereotype about the gym, but I run for about 7 hours a week, lift weights, bike about 25 miles a week, play raquetball about 5 hours a week, and I'm going to take up capeoira or ballroom dance in August. I used to do ballet for 10 hours a week.

14. George1

George1 Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Thanks to my stressful schedule I haven't really been to the gym as much as I should, and it kinda shows I guess. =/

15. The Enigma

The Enigma Guest

That sounds like way too much.

16. Numfarh

Numfarh Guest

Nonsense. I used to work out ten times a week for at least an hour and forty-five minutes each time. I'd have gym/cross-training for three of those days. And the rest I would be swimming. So, it's not that intense if you are training for competition.

17. Roralo

Roralo Guest

@Numfarh,
    I agree. If you are working out for competitions, then that is pretty ideal.

18. AtomicCafe

AtomicCafe Guest

Don't think mine's too much.... I'm generally a pretty active person and feel rather stiff if I don't get out and do much. That's not exactly what I do EVERY week, either; they're more averages. I may play raquetball that much or more but cut down running to 3 hours a week. I don't think I ever do more than 2 hours of exercise a day. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

(Oh, and besides -- running an hour for me is, like, everyone else's equivalent of 15 minutes. Haha.)

19. paco

paco Guest

well, i hate the gym. but i get my workout by surfing.. and i do that about 3+ hours a day, pretty much every day right now. i just hope i can keep that up once school starts back up :eek:

20. Bernard1992

Does lifting dog food bags and things like that at work count as working out? If not then I don't work out at all with weights. I sometimes go for bike rides, used to more often but school got a little more busy and I got out of it but now that summer is here imma try to get back into it and I will sometimes go for a walk or go swimming at my grandparents since I hate swimming in front a lot of people at beaches and lastly, I try to do sit ups and things like that everyday but laziness kicks in sometimes and it won't happen.