1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

So confused

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by Journey616, Aug 1, 2022.

1. Journey616

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I’m very confused, I’ll go for months only aroused by women and then bam! I switch, and then I’m only aroused by men for months. Then back and forth. This flip flopping has been happening for years but the length of arousal for each sex is happening for longer periods. Anyone else experience this flip flopping and and has any ever come to any conclusion?

Isbjorn and Purple Yoda like this.
  2. Jakebusman

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Happens to me alot

3. tommyj

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I'm saying this as a gay married man. I know that I'm gay, but I do go back and think that maybe I did like girls in the past and even my wife, but then I look at who I look like, fantizise about I know beyond a shadow of a dought its guys

Gay Brett likes this.
  4. BiGemini87

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    This does seem to be a pretty common experience for many bisexuals. It comes and goes to varying degrees, can be impacted by the types of people you're around (i.e. whether you're exposed largely to your types, or not), your relationship (or lack thereof), age, past experiences (or again, lack thereof), etc. I've only been out for a little over 3 years, so I haven't noticed much change in the flip-flop, as you put it--but I did experience a surge of almost-exclusive attraction toward women at the start--largely due to repressing it for so long, I wager, and having no same-sex experience.

As to why you're experiencing the lengthening of each cycle? That I can't say--but perhaps the answer lies somewhere in your own past and experiences. When I'm trying to understand something about myself, I find reflecting on the past (the parts relevant to the question) helps a lot--even if it might take time to arrive at the answer. Maybe try your hand at journalling as well to see if you can detect a specific pattern or trigger. :slight_smile:

#4 BiGemini87, Aug 2, 2022
    Last edited: Aug 2, 2022
    Isbjorn and Purple Yoda like this.