1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

So close . . .

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by ThatRangerGirl, Feb 22, 2017.

1. ThatRangerGirl

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Today, for the first day in a very long time, getting on Estrogen seems within grasp-- I know of two Trans Friendly Endocrinologists within a three hour drive, and I have a Psy.D (Psychology Doctor) who would right me a referral in a heart beat, not to mention that one of the Doctor's is "Informed Consent."

Unfortunately, I still don't have the money :c

I currently have about 500 dollars in a savings account for this exclusive purpose and am able to deposit 90 dollars a week towards that end. I am not entirely sure how much it would cost to get on hormones?

Anyone mind telling me of your experiences with getting started on hormones?

Also does anyone mind telling me what hormones cost once your on them?

BTW, this is all without insurance--my insurance might cover some of this, but I doubt it.

2. BrookeVL

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    My experience has been great so far. Everyone at the women's center is really wonderful, and they treat me well, no questions asked or crap about still dressing like a dude. They simply took my note, and wrote me my prescriptions, while answering any questions I asked.

I can't comment on the costs, because my insurance is covering it.

3. looking for me

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    check with planned parenthood. they might be able to give an estimate on the costs. it shouldn't be too bad as these meds have been around for a long time, and generic brands are available. one of my drugs isn't covered by my insurance so I pay myself, but it's only like $21 a month

4. Lazuri

It hasn't been bad. I've been on hormones for a month now and for the first couple of weeks, nothing really happened, but then about 1-2 weeks ago, I first had a severe depression and then pulled out of it happier than I've been in a long time. My chest have recently started hurting as breast development has started, I've noticed my skin is more sensitive and I get colder easier and I've noticed that all my emotions are stronger. Like, things that made me chuckle before has me literally laughing out loud now. I'm not sure if that's because of the hormones, but estrogen's effect on emotions are well documented.

As for the cost, I'm afraid I can't tell you. In my country, almost everything needed for transition is given to you.