1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

So, about this coming out thing...

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by queerR2D2, Aug 14, 2017.

1. queerR2D2

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I've just recently figured out that I am a genderqueer bisexual, and that I want to come out sooner rather than later, but I don't know how. My family is very accepting (4 out of my 5 aunts are lesbians), but I still don't know how the heck to do this. If anybody has any advice, please reply to this.

2. Confusedmoose

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hey,

The good thing is that you already know that you have an accepting family, so that hopefully should take some of the pressure off. There are so many ways to come out-- none are really wrong-- it's just a matter of what you are most comfortable doing. You could always try bringing it up in conversation casually if you don't feel like you can sit them down and say it. One way or another you'll figure out how to say it :slight_smile:

queerR2D2 likes this.
  3. I'm gay

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Simple is best. Just have an open and honest conversation with your loved ones. If you're afraid, then it's ok to wait. When you're ready, you'll know what to say.

Take care. :gay_pride_flag:

queerR2D2 likes this.