1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Smelling different after shaving genitals?

Discussion in 'Anonymous Physical and Sexual Health' started by Anonymous, Jan 1, 2015.

1. Anonymous

So Im biologically male (female gender) and Ive shaved my genitals for a few months now (front and back). Ive begun noticing that I smell... Different, when im naked. I make sure im clean whenever im in the shower, and I scrub well in those areas, but no matter what I smell quite strong. Its not particularly bad smelling, but sometimes I think I can smell it even when my clothes are on, though I might be imagining it. Im just wondering if this might put off any potential partners, and if anyone else has experianced this. It ONLY happens when I shave my genitals, and Im sure I dont have any ingrown hairs or an infection. Sorry if this is a little weird.

2. Anonymous

Am I alone in this? Lol. Now im nervous xD

3. redneck

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Odd, most people with the parts you have smell stronger when they DON'T shave because the hair kinda traps moisture and it smells like well.. "sweaty junk".

4. Anonymous

yeah, as someone who has hair, I'm contemplating shaving, because it doesn't trap all the moisture and make it smell.
    (i'm not OP, i'm just posting anonymously, as i find this somewhat embarrasing. :roflmao: )

5. redneck

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Don't worry about it. This time of year it's not so bad but in the summer time if I don't keep the area clean my boys get ripe in a hurry.

6. Anonymous

OP here. Its strange because I dont smell at all with hair, or at least not strong enough to notice. I dont think it smells particularly sweaty or anything like that. Ive noticed that it doesnt happen all the time, only some of the time. Its almost an earthy smell. I dont know how to desceibe it all that well.

7. Gabby29

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    All but family
    Yeah that is odd, sorry I'm not trying to make you feel bad about this. I shave everything on my body from the eyebrows down.... okay I don't shave my arms since I don't necessarily need to, but I do use a scented hydrating creme though I don't directly apply it on my crotch but around the hip/pelvis areas and even around my ribs/rear shoulder areas. I use a lavender scent, works for me it might work for you :slight_smile: