1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Small Victories

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by Kasey, Dec 11, 2014.

1. WhereWeWere

WhereWeWere Guest

I guess this is kind of gender-related for me. I saw a "BERNIE 2016" poster on my brother's wall the other day and I smiled. It's nice to know my brother supports a guy big on LGBT rights.

#1281 WhereWeWere, Nov 25, 2015
    Last edited: Nov 25, 2015
  2. ruby421

..ok small victory..hmm well in a few day i am gonna try to look male, and see if i "pass" so not a victory yet but it will be :grin: (btw gender queer)
    i think it is awesome that someone made this thread :grin:

3. person57

I just recently had two victories. Here's the first one:
    I was using this website called ******, which is a site where you video chat with strangers that the site connects you to. I ended up getting connected to some perverted dickhead fuckboys. They asked if they could see my tits, and then I tried to scare them off by telling them that I'm transgender, and they started saying stuff like "no way that is a guy" and then they just started calling me a "tranny thing" and they were idiots so I just disconnected, but oh my god though, I passed...
    Here's the next one:
    I was at an appointment for the optometrist. Me and my mom had to check in with the lady at the office, and she asks my mom "Has she ever been here before" and oh my gosh, it felt so amazing. Both of these events just happened recently

4. spoke ears

I'd been building up my guy and androgynous closet. I when though my clothes and gave away most of my feminine clothes to make room for my new clothes. I feel so liberated.

5. DreamerBoy17

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I passed for the very first time! Our family went to Thanksgiving at a restaurant and the server kept calling me "bud" and my sister "sweetie". :grin:

6. Kasey

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Well my parents are finally coming to meet my gender therapist. On my terms.

7. TobaccoFlower

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    My wife is finally settling into my new gender as much as me and I finally get to feel more like a girl in my relationship!

8. JackIsANerd

I just sent a message to all my friends asking them to use he/him! I am not sure how they will respond but I am confident about it :grin:

9. Nekoko

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    My brother made himself very clear that he loves me and is totally cool with my transitioning and that really made my thanksgiving...

10. looking for me

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Wow, Fantastic. hopefully they bring open minds and open hearts. Good luck hun.

11. JackIsANerd

I am out to all of my close friends and my boyfriend! Today was a great and emotional day

12. TempUsername3

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Some of my friends are using my new name and pronouns. One of them got slightly angry that I let him misgender me for a while because I felt awkward about telling him, he was so accepting I don't even know why I worried in the first place.

13. MissNicole

Went out with friends last night. Got the female stamp for a club, and had 'Nic' added to my membership card for a different one. Plus the staff will attempt to remember to refer to me as such :grin:

14. randomconnorcon

Last night my cousin came out to me as agender, with a new name and pronouns, and they're gonna sit with me and we're gonna tell my dad about both of us and that is a big victory because now we'll likely go through with it. It's bloody terrifying, too, but we think Dad will be the most supportive.

15. Secrets5

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Hello,

I was in the store today and there was a really nice jacket that was in the ''male'' aisle, I didn't know what aisle it was on, but I liked it and I tried it on. It fit and my mum said ''so you don't mind it being labelled boys?'' and I'm -like- ''no''.

Also, I came up with something if my parents question me as to why I'm shopping from 'boy' areas when I'm a 'girl' - ''I'm agender, if I can't shop clothing from boy clothing because I'm not a boy, then I can't shop girl clothing as I'm not a girl, then that leaves me to shop in the birthday aisle [basically, naked] - and I don't think anybody would want that''. Okay, needs a bit of work, but it's nearly there and for an argument - it might work.

16. TobaccoFlower

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I think I might be getting girly presents for Christmas for once!

17. Oddsocks

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I got called 'sir' for the first time since I was 18 today! Thank you, Cafe Nero barista guy. It made my evening just that little bit better.

18. iiimee

Walked into Meijer... woman told me "Welcome to Meijer sir". At first, I didn't even notice her until she waved to me, which made me realize she meant me and I quickly bowed before going to return my Redbox movie. ^_^ I told the woman I am currently hanging out with and she gave me a high-five... until I told her I bowed to the lady, to which she face-palmed. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: Oh well!

19. Kodo

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I was playing chess with my little brother, Elias, when my older brother Simon (the one who knows I'm trans) walked by and suggested to Elias... "You know, you can take his knight." But then sheepishly and quietly added "her."

I know in this circumstance he technically "misgendered" me as male, then corrected himself so as to appear normal in front of family members. But the fact that he first gendered me as a guy is oddly comforting. I wonder if it was on purpose, accidental, or a slip of the tongue from mentally referring to me as male? Who knows...

20. looking for me

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    painted my nails for the first time tonight. a bit messy but a first for me.

everyone is getting these great times of getting gendered correctly, and im stuck with getting excited over painted nails because i cant come out as my fem self due to a bunch of circumstances from the STBX to parents to work, to society. suddenly im not so excited anymore... sorry to be a bummer.

hey this is post 1300 on this wonderful tread

#1300 looking for me, Nov 28, 2015
    Last edited: Nov 28, 2015