1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Small Victories

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by Kasey, Dec 11, 2014.

1. penta

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Congrats

2. KayJay

I moved out! Which has definitely been reshaping my identity in ways I never realized would happen. It's been a bit less than a month and I've already changed so much.

3. AndySammy

AndySammy Guest

I just cut my hair short for the first time since 2010(where I didn't know I was trans), and I love it, though I'm not sure if it makes me look more masculine.

4. Acm

Acm Guest

Went shopping with my mom and she bought me clothes from the guy's section. Kind of a dumb victory maybe but she's never done it before.

5. PlantSoul

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I suppose this could qualify... A few weeks back, I was in the check-out line at the grocery store. My hair was pulled back and I was wearing a pink men's linen shirt, and some soccer pants. My breasts weren't particularly prominent that day. I saw a woman, mother I presume, with her brood approach me as they headed towards their destination. Well, I noticed this woman was giving me an especially hard look. She kept acting like she wanted to be inconspicuous about this, but it was a little too obvious. I think she was trying to figure out if I were male or female.

It's about time someone couldn't tell!

#645 PlantSoul, May 30, 2015
    Last edited: May 30, 2015
  6. looking for me

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    wow, very brave. good job

---------- Post added 1st Jun 2015 at 10:45 AM ----------

wow good for you hunny. only bigger brighter things for you now.(*hug*)

7. BluhImCourtney

I'm wearing my first pair of women's shoes to school today. So much more comfortable.

8. Sam I Am

Hit up the outlet mall and bought some guy clothes. Some boxers, some shirts, and a pair of cargoes. The boxers are suuuuuper comfy and I need more.

9. AlexTheGrey

Congrats, seriously. I moved out rather hastily myself, but it was totally worth it in the end. And it is amazing how much we change when we do it. :slight_smile:

----

As for myself, it does feel like a small victory, but simply breaking down my barriers over the last year feels like it has changed my outlook a lot. I remember when I joined EC, I originally tried to identify as non-binary because "I couldn't possibly be a trans woman, but male feels wrong too". Now? Maybe "trans woman" is a good label for how I feel, especially reading other people's stories. I still have my doubts, and my worries, but it feels good to at least have gotten past the idea of telling myself what I can't possibly be (makes me feel like Luke yelling at Vader in denial). As Chinese cliches might say, I've finally emptied my cup.

Now if only I could get over more of my anxieties and actually "play". :slight_smile:

10. confuzzled82

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    This past weekend was the first full weekend I spent as myself. Felt amazing. Only time my legal name came up was at the hotel, because the reservation required a driver's license and credit card.

11. matiasz94

matiasz94 Guest

Damn, that's awesome. Sometimes I think having allies that see trans issues is better than passing.

12. AndySammy

AndySammy Guest

Yesterday a boy came up to me and asked whether I was a girl or a boy. I answered him that I was born female, and he just said 'are you serious? You look like a boy,' and then walked away. I know I don't look very boy, but it just made me so happy!

13. Par

Par

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    I've started video diary and I'm presenting however the hell I want on it. I've left a few clues for my friends to find it so I can show them who I really am.

14. KayJay

Had my third laser appointment down below yesterday! Plus I had my thighs waxed.

15. looking for me

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    yikes, how did that go? so happy that you are moving forward, you deserve it sweetie.

16. Envy

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I pass as male at work for some reason. I only pass at work with customers, even though the only difference in my work outfit and my normal wear is that I always have to wear a green shirt at work, and I never pass anywhere else. But being seen as a guy, even just in one place is really nice. I get "sir'ed", and "young man-ed" at work all day. :slight_smile:

17. KayJay

It went well, thank you :slight_smile: It's the most painful place I've had laser done so far. I'm going to be so happy when I don't have to shave down there anymore. I prefer having it shaved but dealing with that area can make me feel shitty. So never having to shave there will be great. Also I hate the ingrown hairs and razor burns, so no longer getting those will be a bonus!

18. penta

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I was sitting in the train and i wasn't really trying to pass, just a little make-up and no breastforms om.
    Then this lady approached me and said , can i ask you something ma'am.
    Makes me wonder how well I would pass when I do make an effort...

19. confuzzled82

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Volunteering at the mini-maker faire with my bra stuffed. First thing I've done where I will knowingly interact with people that have known me as a guy.

20. Matto_Corvo

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I have decided that today is the last day that I shave my legs. Because even if I don't turn out to be trans I do like the look of hair on my legs......and I'm lazy and shaving is just to time consuming a thing to do just because I'm afraid of what people will say.