1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Small Victories

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by Kasey, Dec 11, 2014.

1. Kodo

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Guess who just got a date with a cute boy~

2. looking for me

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    nice, have fun.

3. AlexJames

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I've decided that i'm gonna go around the house as a guy tomorrow! I have to watch my sister tomorrow so it'll be just me and her, and she's barely gonna leave her room all day. It'll be as safe as i can get really. I'm excited to finally get to experiment with it outside of my room.

4. Mindy

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Called the whole DIY thing off and signed up for Gender treatment at a local clinic. When they called to verify my information from online enrollment for my appointment that was the best high if ever felt- period. Drugs couldn't have topped how big that small step was and the smile it gave.

5. AlexJames

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Well, I'm walking around my house as full guy as i can get atm. I'm simultaneously comfortable/content and a nervous wreck if that makes sense. Like, sister's the only one home but i'm still nervous. Like, will she notice will she say anything god forbid will she talk behind my back about me to her friends. But i've been excited for days for this - the chance to go around all day, a normal lazy day, as full guy as i can get in the comfort of my own home w/o parents around.

#4345 AlexJames, Nov 5, 2017
    Last edited: Nov 5, 2017
  6. LittleMouse

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Great! I bet your sister probably wouldn’t even notice. See how it goes and you might be able to start wearing some ‘guy’ clothes in the house generally? Lots of people wear comfortable stuff in the house so if you do it gradually you may just be able to say you find guys tops/shirts whatever you want to wear more comfortable?

7. AlexJames

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Well i already do wear almost exclusively men's t-shirts. The only real difference today is i have my binder on and I'm makeshift packing too. But i got me something to eat while she was putting her lunch in the oven (under my supervision) and she didn't say anything. So either she's oblivious still or doesn't want to bring it up.

#4347 AlexJames, Nov 5, 2017
    Last edited: Nov 5, 2017
    LittleMouse likes this.
  8. LittleMouse

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Today, I picked out some ‘male’ clothes online. Haven’t ordered them yet, but the excited feeling I had when looking through them and deciding what style I’d like to go for has made me realise this is definitely the right thing to do. :slight_smile:

9. Enea

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I started shaving my facial hairs. I don't care if I don't have anything worth shaving (only average female facial hairs): it feels good because I'm doing something for myself

10. AlexJames

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I'm gonna wear my binder at work today and see what i think. I feel safe at work, for the most part. And tbh with both a polo and the uniform vest on you can't tell nearly as easily as you can w/ just a polo on. With just a polo or a normal shirt on its obvious. NGL didn't like that with the one-size-too-large uniform vest on it wasn't as obvious. Might try to wear it to work as well but idk if mom will notice if i do that. Its cold enough today that i can bundle up so hopefully if i do that it will help her to not notice.

#4350 AlexJames, Nov 8, 2017
    Last edited: Nov 8, 2017
  11. Cody18

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I’ve submitted both my university essay and report so I have that work load off now, thankfully.

Also when investigating piercing options, found various tattoo places that I can actually afford, so I’m booked in to get the stag tattoo I’ve wanted forever on Monday and I’m so excited for it. Wanted something that represented my transition to me without making it an obvious symbol of that to others, so I think it’s going to be pretty perfect.

12. Crisalide

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I called the gender clinic and later I was literally jumping with feet together around the house. Every session with psychologist costs only 20 euros (20 EUROS! - a t-shirt) and therapy doesn't have to last all six recommended months. I might say that I'm so near to T that I could touch it with a finger if I wanted, like in some museums.
    Touch it = come out to dad ( D: ).

20 euros, folks.

13. BrookeVL

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Well I had a consultation with a friend who is a part time voice coach(though technically she teaches singing) and she said I actually have a feminine voice already, and she would only suggest minor tweaks "if anything." My doctor also confirmed this on Monday during my 9 month checkup.

I had a talk with mom about me transitioning(she knows it's happening now), and she told me it wasn't okay with her. But then her actions are saying otherwise, so that's what I'm concentrating on. Last night I was trying to put my hair in a ponytail(it's finally barely long enough) and she showed me how to and put my hair in one without me even asking.

I also have gotten gendered correctly by a few customers, and it's stuck. No "Oh my god I'm so sorry sir!"

14. Mihael

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Pretty cheap... really. Congrats :slight_smile:

Crisalide likes this.
  15. AlexJames

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Congrats, Daniel that's awesome! Very cheap too.

It must feel great getting consistently gendered correctly. I'm glad that your mom is being supportive with her actions, even if she isn't vocally. Maybe she's still wrapping her head around it? That's cool that you already have a feminine voice. I can't get my voice to consistently go a lil lower but i can manage it naturally with no coaching for like a sentence or two. To me, it sounds lower but i have yet to hear it on recording so idk if its actually as much lower as it sounds to me. Pity.

Crisalide likes this.
  16. AlexJames

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Update post! I wore my binder for 2/3 of my shift yesterday. I was practically panicking for like the first hour - will they notice and throw insults or get me fired or whatnot, all that type of shit. If anybody noticed, they didn't say anything. Working in it was a new experience. It rides up a lot. I was scared to hold anything against my chest like i might normally when carrying a lot of items at once b/c i didn't want the wrong person to notice and talk shit. But eventually by the time my shift was half over and i was on lunch i wasn't nearly as nervous, and able to do that fine.

After all the anxiety faded away (and supervisors saw me, did their jobs, and didn't say a word) i felt great in it. Still testing it tho. I think it would be cool to wear it a few more times just to test it and see how i feel long term, being seen wearing it. Well, i use 'long term' loosely here but you get what i mean i hope. A few customers were very awkward around me, which doesn't usually happen, but i was also pretty nervous and anxious at first. None of my coworkers or supervisors were like that tho. I kept telling myself to take deep breaths to calm myself and telling myself to just rock it, cause i think confidence is half the battle. I'm terrified of rejection, but at the same time if i don't take chances and try things i'll never get anywhere either. Debating being even braver and posting this on my other forum too...i have them on my private instagram so i trust them. I just usually don't share shit with them cause i don't expect them to understand trans stuff.

looking for me likes this.
  17. MsEmmzy

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Pretty sure I just passed for the first time today! I was at a subway and the lady asks me “are you a boy or a girl?” Being the ~genius~ that I am I answered wth something along the lines of “what do you think?” She answered with “girl”! Later I played my question-answer as “I cut my hair recently and people have been mistaking me as a boy”. And she apologized and says she wasn’t trying to offend me or anything. Sooooo yay! I call it a victory :slight_smile:

DarkPrince, newts, Crisalide and 2 others like this.
  18. BrookeVL

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I wouldn't say consistently. Occasionally, yes.

I do think she's still wrapping her head around it, but I think she's kinda realized it's happening, better start getting over it so I don't lose my son AND my daughter before I even get to know her.

looking for me likes this.
  19. icantthink

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Got a few pairs of boxer briefs for the first time and even though my mum freaked out a bit and asked 'do you want to be a man? do you want a sex change?' she was p chill about it afterwards and she's gonna go out and buy a few more pairs for me since i only have 3 so that's something

20. looking for me

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    going to get laser again today, this is number 5 and there is a difference in coverage of the dark hair, and between the laser and HRT it seems to be slower growing.

BrookeVL and AlexJames like this.