1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Small Victories

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by Kasey, Dec 11, 2014.

1. DoriaN

LOL!

I love it.

2. Porter

Out Status:
    A few people
    I recently came out (or rather, my girlfriend came out for me) to a transguy at my school that I've been becoming good friends with. He's the first one apart from my gf to know and he's super supportive of me, switching right away to the pronouns and name I am wanting to go by. It feels really great that I have someone I can talk to that is further along their transition and willing to talk and help out!

3. Harjus

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Porter, that must feel great! I wish I also knew another trasguy IRL.

I have finally decided on a name and introduced myself again to my cats. The other cat looks a bit confused but I am sure he will get used to it. And he always looks confused. I shouldn't maybe take it personally.

I am done pondering and wondering about the name thing. When I meet new people I will try to tell them the shorter version of it. It's a common masculine nickname. I might have to lie that people really call me that but after a while it won't be a lie anymore, right?

I also found a guy deodorant that doesn't smell bad. I hate the scent (or stink) they often have.

4. Kasey

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Well two victories today.

1.) The waitress called me honey.
    2.) I walked right past someone who knows who I am. In fact a person who might as well be called my sister in law. And she didn't recognize me.

Felt good.

5. CJliving

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    I came out to myself years ago but never presented or experimented. It was something I'd acknowledged and then shoved in a hole in my mind. I knew it was there, but it could stay there as far as I was concerned! Until this year, when I moved to Japan. It was kind of an accident but I came out to a co-worker at training. After that I decided that this was my oppertunity. So I've been exploring my identity, started coming out to my friends, and soon I'm going to be buying my first binder!

I have unleashed the beast, and all the problems that come with that (i.e.: dysphoria, to T or not to T?, etc.) but at least I'm being myself now.

6. looking for me

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    i bought a little pink night dress the other day, just because i saw it and it was in my size. when i got to the counter i handed it to her because the belt was dirty,the girl asked me, after checking out my left hand for a ring, " so do you still want this?" slightly incredulous. "absolutely, i said i just didn't want to get it dirty on this belt." she rang it up but was kind of freaked out LOL as i was picking up my bags i winked at her and said "i think i'll look fabulous in it" i walked away grinning with her mouth hanging open like you could park a Buick in there.

cameroooon and DreamerAsh like this.
  7. paper planes

My sister corrected my mom for me when she slipped up on my pronouns today ;w;

8. drwinchester

drwinchester Guest

Happens to me all the time. I walk past old professors and people I knew from my drag days around campus and no one recognizes me unless I say something.

9. Tai

Tai

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I just competed at a nationals cross country race. My team and I went out for dinner, and my mom gave us these little locket necklace things. One of my teammates said, "I like that they're shaped like hearts," and I looked down at mine, realizing it was a circle. I asked my mom why and she kind of stuttered and said, "I got hearts for the girls." I know she didn't mean to say I wasn't a girl, because she denies that I'm a trans man, but she at least acknowledged that another teammate who got a circular necklace and I were more masculine than the others. I decided to take it a bit better than she meant, haha. Still made me feel good.

10. Kasey

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Isn't that all you can ask?

---------- Post added 14th Dec 2014 at 12:11 AM ----------

Yea but I'm not quite ready to come out to this person yet.

---------- Post added 14th Dec 2014 at 12:13 AM ----------

I know I pass, and the times I know someone sees through they don't give a shit. Either way I love people like this.

(!)

Like I said. Little victories.

11. JustJJx

I got some new jeans and underwear from the women's clothing section, never been so happy with some clothes! Guy clothes are so boring :frowning2:

DreamerAsh likes this.
  12. Kasey

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Oh I know...

Always nice to start building a wardrobe.

13. looking for me

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    aren't they? good job on getting them.

14. JustJJx

Indeed, my wardrobe at the mo is just blegh t shirts and baggy jeans, now i can wear stuff that makes me happy ^_^

DreamerAsh likes this.
  15. Kasey

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    As my mom so callously called it, I'm wearing my "uniform" right now and it drives me insane...

16. Raatox

Oh, well, I think this is so ...funny (not that you don't like youre wardrobe, but how transition can do so much for your sense of fashion).
    This is exactly the way it was for me too, but in the opposite direction, then.
    I used to wear those "unisex"-clothes,( when I didn't "drag" in really princess-like clothing). But I hated shopping and my wardrobe consisted of various "ok, this shirt has a cute duck on it-i like it"-clothes that didn't fit neither me nor any other clothes.
    Since I started wearing men's clothes,however, It is soooo funny with clothes, I love shopping, I love considering what matches, I know which colours I like, I don't really recognize myself in this aspect, but I like it :slight_smile:
    And I feel so handsome nowadays :wink:

DreamerAsh and Harvey Noises like this.
  17. Daydreamer1

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    A few weeks back, I contacted the Mazzoni Center and was told some great news; that T will only cost me about $75 for a 3-4 month supply and bloodwork is one of the first things done at the first session. I'm calling tomorrow to schedule an appointment for (hopefully) January; and if my luck is with me, T might be a reality by February.

DreamerAsh likes this.
  18. jay777

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Congratulations :slight_smile:

(*hug*)

19. drwinchester

drwinchester Guest

Congrats bro!

-

Pretty much out to all family as trans- only people who don't quite know are my 90+ year old great grandmother and a couple relatives I don't see that often.

20. Acm

Acm Guest

Congratulations :icon_bigg

Even though she's not quite ready for any masculine words/pronouns, I have to admit I get happy every time my mom calls me "kid" instead of "girl" like she used to