1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Small Victories

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by Kasey, Dec 11, 2014.

1. randomconnorcon

I used my writing to explore gender and sexuality before I even realized it was based around my own struggles. Once I did figure it out, it was quite nice to look and think back and see how I vented, how I felt, how I saw the world, and who I am/want to be.

---------- Post added 16th Feb 2017 at 09:26 PM ----------

You could always sell or give them away? There are groups on Facebook that let you do that if you don't know anyone in your area.

2. Rickystarr

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    hahaha together we can get through this.

---------- Post added 16th Feb 2017 at 04:12 PM ----------

Yeah, I do intend to do that at some point. For now they still basically fit though and I can't really afford to buy any more and I am at the gym two hours a day and sweat all over them so I need to have a few to rotate. And I am so lazy about mailing things. And small is not a very common size it seems. Anyone on here a small? My fiancee mails things all the time, maybe she would do it for me lol. Once I can replace them at least.

---------- Post added 16th Feb 2017 at 04:16 PM ----------

I tried to write a story before I knew I was trans but was clearly having issues just for myself about another planet where gender was different and the main character was a stand in for myself who was kind of intersex/nonbinary. I was just planning on exploring my feelings and giving myself an outlet to fantasize about how it would be if things were different. I didn't get very far into the story because as soon as I started writing it I was like "fuck this, I just want to be male." and immediately starting planning my transition instead of writing the story lol.

Oh and I don't write much anymore but I love editing and doing peer review and whatnot so if you or Sam or anyone else who writes ever needs another pair of eyes to look over any sort of writing, I would be glad to look things over. I especially enjoy things with a sexual or erotic element.

#3382 Rickystarr, Feb 16, 2017
    Last edited: Feb 16, 2017
  3. PrinceVegeta

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone

Well, when the time comes when you do want to get rid of them, If I come across anyone who may need some that's a small I'll let you know. Also, I almost thought about maybe trying with binders, but measuring myself.. I'd be an extra small.. with extra room still left over, so I don't think a small would even help for those umm "moments" when my breasts (if I could even call them darts that) do swell when I'm on my period. It's probably the only time I get bad dysphoria in the chest area because I notice the "puff". Unless you think a small would possibly fit anyway maybe? Like, I am unsure how binders even work. My broad shoulders throw it off a lot, but I'm sadly quite smaller than I appear.

#3383 PrinceVegeta, Feb 16, 2017
    Last edited: Feb 16, 2017
  4. Mihael

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Sorry to hear it mate. Good your sister at least took it well.

5. Lazuri

The hell is this doing on page 2? Get back up there!

Honestly, I can't believe how good I've been feeling since I started reading romance mangas a couple of days ago. I always feel happy, giddy and more feminine than before and I'm not ashamed of it.

So I think the real victory here is that after a lifetime of being raised as a man and being taught never to feel and show emotion, I realized that I've finally been able to discard the notion that emotions--all emotions--are the enemy. Life is much more colorful now--the dark blacks of life are deeper and everything else feels even more colorful in comparison--it's so much better than the drab grey life used to look like to me in the past. If I was forced to go back to the way I used to view life, I don't think I'd find worth living.

6. BrookeVL

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hey I know that feeling!!!! I've been experiencing it a bit myself lately. Good vibes.

7. pastelwyvern

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    About a week ago I got my hair cut short the way I've wanted it for over two years. It's finally androgynous and for the first time I felt good about my appearance after walking out of a haircut. I can start dressing more masculinely without feeling like a little girl playing dress-up. :slight_smile:

8. PrinceVegeta

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Congrats!

9. Kasey

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    My hair was pretty according to a random guy.

My boots were cute according to a random woman.

According to my friend who knows me as a male says "you sure don't look like a dude at all".

10. Lazuri

Yep! Life's been good lately! Though I'm also getting increasingly annoyed, because I feel like I could write a decent romance manga, but I can't draw worth shit.

11. Lazuri

Sooooo, a bit embarrassing, but when I woke up today, my nipples were pretty painful. I guess my breast development has started,

12. looking for me

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    not to pry, but how long did it take from the time you started HRT to this? happy for you BTW.(*hug*)

13. Lazuri

Little over a month. Though my doctor said that my testosterone levels were abnormally low; so low in fact, that he was amazed I had a son. It might've been faster for me to reach normal feminine levels of estrogen.

14. looking for me

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    wow that is quick, i'll be on blockers for a month before I start on E so maybe it'll be quick for me too.

BTW you testosterone levels don't determine the biological sex of our kids, that's merely which chromosome goes in which sperm, each sperm carries half of your chromosomes' so it sort of is luck of the draw.

thanks for the quick reply.

15. Lazuri

Nah, he meant that it was weird I had a kid at all. I was borderline sterile, according to him.

16. looking for me

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    oh, well then this is a miracle child. my ex wife an I were both told that the chances of having a child was near nill, for different reasons but we had a son, he's 18, in Uni, and a good inclusive, accepting young man.

17. Kasey

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Independent assortment of alleles. Yes. Your father determines your sex with basically a genetic coin flip. Fuck that...

18. BrookeVL

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I can't wait to fell mine start coming in...they've been a bit sore since I started HRT. Don't know if that means anything. lol

19. Rickystarr

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    My favorite part of passing as male is getting flirted with by drunk girls in drive thru.

20. Lazuri

Had my first hair removal session today. According to them, I'm pretty much the dream patient with my fair skin and dark, rough hair.

Honestly, sometimes I feel guilty over how easy this whole thing has been for me. Everything is coming to me so easily and I have so few complications, it makes me feel guilty over the thousands of transpeople who have it much harder than me.

---------- Post added 21st Feb 2017 at 01:50 PM ----------

And as if to prove my fucking point, I just got a call from the voice coach who said "hey, you're on our waiting list, but do you think you could come in this Thursday."