1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Small Victories

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by Kasey, Dec 11, 2014.

1. Polka Dots

I added my preferred name to my profile. Just seeing it typed out in all its glory makes me smile, and I'm hoping the more I'm addressed as such the braver I'll become.

Congrats, RainbowGreen!

That's awesome, WillowRose. I hope to be able to introduce myself similarly someday --- my son is still young so I am optimistic!

#281 Polka Dots, Feb 15, 2015
    Last edited: Feb 15, 2015
  2. Tardis221B

I was sort of feeling uncertain of my identity, but then I scrolled past a picture of my best female friend on FB, and I don't why but it has never been more clear to my in my life that I'm a guy. And thats one of the first times I've said it to myself with certainty and not doubted myself afterwards.

And thats awesome Felix! Congrats man :slight_smile:

3. Lazuri

So I have an appointment to therapy now, finally. Time to get this started for real.

4. YuriBunny

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    It's not a transgender success but... I casually mentioned to one of my friends that I'm 'not 100% a girl' and he was very nice about it. :slight_smile:

5. Tardis221B

That's awesome Lazuri! I'm so happy for you, I hope everything goes well (*hug*)

6. sslen

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I don't pass but ever since I came out to a friend of mine shes been calling me gorgeous or beautiful and by my preferred name, it gives me the hope and strength to continue forward and not give up hope ^.^

7. YuriBunny

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    That's awesome~! (*hug*)

8. sslen

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I know! it makes me feel wonderful :eusa_danc

9. looking for me

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    it's small but i have spent this whole weekend "underdressed" and loving it. kind of counters some of the family crap i've had dumped on me and some general depression, lonely feelings i guess.

oh well, onward....

---------- Post added 15th Feb 2015 at 11:33 PM ----------

sorry to bitch, just feeling a bit down, but being able to have something feminine on all weekend has been great.

10. Acm

Acm Guest

Just ordered a gc2b binder. I really hope it works out, I always get nervous about ordering binders for some reason.

11. jane anon

My girlfriend addressed me as a woman, today, and is going to try calling by my preferred name from now on.
    I can't wait to actually hear her call me Quinn....

12. Daydreamer1

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I do too, I think it's that I'm more concerned that I think I put the wrong address in instead of sizing.

Oh, and the bae and I are two weeks on T today. We did our shots sometime around midnight or so instead of 3PM or so like usual since we're super busy today. If we go to his hometown this summer, we're thinking about taking some of our empty vials with us to and fill them with small shells and sand; and since there are a lot of beaches in South Texas, we might hit a few places if we're able to.

13. Tardis221B

I don't know if this is small but....

I'm out to two people in France now.

One girl in my program and a girl who is also in the international program but from a different english speaking country. Yesterday we were walking and then someone they read as MtF walked by and that started a conversation about the LGBT+, the international girl was very kindly curious about LGBT things and my friend from the group actually knew a lot about the queer community, and then I chimed in saying I know quite a bit too because I'm LGBT+.

And then told them I like girls and am questioning my gender... it went surprisingly really really well. And then I chatted more with the girl from my program for like 2 hours and she said she's happy to try to call me by different pronouns or anything to help me out.

It was sort of strange how calm I was too, :lol: it wasn't until class today that it hit me that I just told someone I barely know I'm questioning my gender, mild anxiety when I saw her walk into class today... but whatever, its all good. Things will be okay.

14. sslen

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    A small victory for me was I went shopping ( in public!) last night and bought some nail polish and painted my toenails...to me it feels like a huge step in the RIGHT direction

15. randomly me

randomly me Guest

Our neighbours kid asked me if i was a boy or a girl.that's basically why i like kids they just ask directly instead of not daring to because it could be "impolite".

16. Folieadeux

Today at the information desk in our hotel in Hawaii, the woman called me my mother's "son", which made me very happy because it's the first time someone who I haven't come out to has used male terms when referring to me. :slight_smile:

I also sort of came out to my mom today. I told her I didn't feel comfortable as a female, and felt more comfortable as a guy. She reacted okay, but I didn't tell her my preferred name or pronouns yet.
    Later on I told her if she could refer to me with gender neutral things for now (no more "daughter", "girl", etc.) and she got really confused and silent and gave me a weird look... She continued to use those feminine words later on though, which sucks, but leads to the next small victory!

I did a favor for my sister, and then my mom said to her that she has the best sister in the world (me), and then my sister spoke up and corrected her by saying, "It's "sibling", not "sister"." To which my mom didn't reply.
    I couldn't ask for a better sister!

(!)

17. Minnie

Went into the men's toilet at the uni library yesterday. Cubicles were occupied, I think - couldn't open them anyway. Stayed the library tunyil closing time so I could go alone, but even then I was nervoud and it took five or ten minutes until I managed to try. I think I'll go first thing in the morning.

18. NingyoBroken

NingyoBroken Guest

Used the men's restroom for the first time.

19. sslen

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    This is actually a huge victory for me. I had been wanting to tell someone that I knew personally about my life change and i finally got the guts to talk to my step mom. Luckily I knew she was open minded seeing how my step brother is gay himself but the fact that she quickly responded with how she still loved me and didnt see me any differently ( other than i'm now her daughter ^.^ ) was a huge relief

20. jay777

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Congratulations (*hug*)