1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Skyrim: Builds and Lore

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by Kaiser, Mar 7, 2015.

1. Kaiser

Kaiser Guest

There has been a few threads on The Elder Scrolls, but I wanted to make a thread that offered something a little more.

Basically, does anybody else have a story for their character? Or do you just build a character and take the world by storm? If you do have a lore for them, what is it?

Since The Elder Scrolls have a ridiculous amount of happenings, everybody who plays has their own opinions and their own takes. I'm curious as to the following:

What is your favorite Race?
    What is your least favorite Race?

What is your favorite City?
    What is your least favorite City?

Who is your favorite Jarl?
    Who is your least favorite Jarl?

What/where is your favorite house?
    What/where is your least favorite house?

Who did you side with, if anyone, in the Civil War? Why?

Which of the Daedric Princes is your favorite?
    Which of the Daedra Princes if your least favorite?

What Quest is your favorite?
    What Quest is your least favorite?

Which Guild/Alliance/Group is your favorite?
    Which Guild/Alliance/Group is your least favorite?

Who is your favorite NPC?
    Who is your least favorite NPC?

Who is your favorite Follower?

What is your favorite Dragon Shout?
    What is your least favorite Dragon Shout?

What is your favorite book to collect?

Where is the craziest/silliest/most ridiculous place a courier has given you a letter/note?

Finally, assuming the Dragonborn does all the various Daedra quests, when they die, where will their soul go? To whom does that right belong to? So many sources have laid claim to it, and it will be interesting to see how that matter is handled.

2. Chiroptera

Admin Team Full Member

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Khajiit
    Bretons

Whiterun
    Markarth

Balgruuf the Greater
    Igmund

Breezehome
    Must i say the one in Markarth?

The Empire. Because Ulfric is blind because of his religion, and he forgets about the needs of his people. And he spreads prejudice against non-nords.

Shaegorath
    Azura

The Dark Brootherhood quests.
    The one about the Tree in whiterun

Dark Brotherhood
    The Companions

J'zargo or M'aiiq
    Lydia
    Inigo (Mod)
    Lydia
    FUS RO DAH!
    Throw Voice

The Lusty Argonian Maid

In the middle of Riften, while i was in a private moment with an NPC (mod)

The Princes would battle for his soul, of course!

3. Justinian20

I am one of those guys who love to create a character with a tonne of lore, I have even created an entire feud between characters I have created and with those characters I will always use a style that fits the character.

I'll tell you all about my Redguard character. His name is Galmar and he is a treasure hunter and is known for his vast collection of unique clothing and weapons. He works as a mercenary/bounty hunter for each of the holds in Skyrim taking on jobs where he travels to faraway locations. He is also one of the famed Dragonhunters(I go off track here in terms of lore, I hate the Skyrim Blades totally, so I made my own group of people for this, but the Dragonhunters aren't allied to each other, they are hired by people to hunt dragons). Galmar prefers large axes in warfare that can cleave his enemies in half, he also is a famed crossbow user, he prefers the short range strength of the crossbow over the long range power of the average bow. Galmar has a deep dark side to him being a werewolf and at night he will feed on bandits and other beings that dare to fight him.

I also have a bunch of other characters which I have lore on and these are including but not limited to (a High elf necromancer who was kicked out by the Thalmor for being too brutal, now he plans to take Tamriel with an army of the undead so he can take revenge on the Thalmor), (a Orc called Drowgutz, a bloodthirsty being who will kill anyone he comes across and he does not care for petty insults. If you insult him you are dead and if he doesn't like you, you are dead as well). I'm planning on creating one of every race and having a backstory in relevance to my large story using my characters, which by the way is about the two leaders being the High Elf necromancer(whose name I forget) and Galmar the Redguard are fighting your classic battle of good against evil.

I was going to make a mod out of this as well but I'm not too talented at creating mods and I would need to get started, but the mod would be a very immersive one to play. It would add my characters to the mix and allow you to join them on quests, you could hunt dragons with them to get rewards. You could choose a side and each side has different implications on the world, for example choosing the side of the Necromantic high elf would lead to soldiers of Skyrim being encountered fighting reanimated legions of men at a higher rate which would suggest war, because honestly the Civil War never gave me the feeling they were at war, because it gave me an idea of a chaotic scene and when you walk around the place, you never really encounter a large force of say 30 stormcloaks attacking a larger Imperial force and so on and so forth.

But anyway enough about the mod, my favourite character and why would be Lucan Valerius because he is the most alive person in Skyrim as his voice just sounds like he is a happy man and the other characters voiced by the guy who did Lucan are okay but Lucan Valerius is the best and the most welcoming and also he is sexy. If there is someone I do not kill, it is Lucan Valerius.

If there is someone I do kill it is Delphine of the Blades, too bad she is essential cause if she wasn't, every single game I play she would be dead all because she wants to kill a sexy dragon in Paathurnax.

4. Aro

Aro

Since I am actually playing Skyrim again for the hundredth time (not literally, probably?), I would love to answer these questions. I have always been a huge Elder Scrolls nerd and have played every game they have ever put out. I am not sure which one is my favorite- it's either Morrowind or Skyrim. It would have been no competition to Morrowind if not for Skyrim. Mostly because out of all my years of being a fan, Skyrim was the one place I wanted to visit in depth. Besides Blackmarsh. I would really love to see Blackmarsh someday. So it fed my lore sense more than Morrowind did. Now then! On to the questions! I am interested to see what other people have said, so I will have to go back and read in a moment! :3

Argonian! I can barely play as anything else.
    Wood Elf, I think. I never really get around to playing them much.

Solitude for sure. It is so beautiful!
    Windhelm. I see enough snow. I want pretty!

Balgruuf. He cracks me up!
    Korir. Get it together, man! You've asked me for the Helm of Winterhold like 7 times in one game! How many times do I have to fetch it for you before you stop throwing it deep into caves!? Also, stop letting your village crumble into the ocean and fall into poverty.

Lakeview Manor up by Falkreath for sure. I loved building it.
    Honeyside in Riften. Ugh.

A hard choice for me. I sided with the Stormcloaks first, but I felt really bad doing away with Tullius. I feel that both side has merit. But I also don't like how 'True Nords' are incredibly racist. So I usually go against that. Also, doesn't help that the Imperials tried to have my head cut off and then never even apologized for it. Both sides sour me in different ways.

Peryite! I've always been a huge fan! *unpopular opinion*
    Boethia. I've always been a nice person and I feel really bad doing her quests in every single game.

Sheogorath's line. It was nice to see him again from the Shivering Isles, and I really enjoyed the humor, as always.
    Finding the murderer in Windhelm. It was annoying the first time and I never got over it.

The Companions!
    Bard College. Sigh.

Farkas!
    Braith? I've never wanted to punch a child before. It's a new low.

Meeko!
    Lydia. Over-rated.

TOOR SHUL! All the fire!
    Throw Voice, because it never really works for me.

Spell books.

Where is the craziest/silliest/most ridiculous place a courier has given you a letter/note?
    I've never had anything too crazy myself, but I saw someone who had Paarthurnax put a hit out on them to the Dark Brotherhood and that is hilarious. So I'll mention that instead.

For the last question, I would think that their soul will go to Akatosh. After all, they are the Dragonborn, and they did away with Alduin the first-born. So I would like to think that in terms of lore, Akatosh would have a seat at his side.

I didn't mention in the favorite NPC list any dragons, but besides Farkas, they are some of my favorite characters. I actually adore Alduin. Love him to little pieces. Mostly because of the lore that surrounds him. Feeds me! I love Paarthurnax too. And I feel that Durnehviir is worth mentioning. I summoned him by shout literally whenever I could just so he could feel the sunshine again. I like to think that it made him happy and I am such a sap for that. I love him. I wish I could make it better. I would always call him and just let him fly around. Let him stop by a lake or a river. I literally just spent a lot of time relaxing with him. I felt like we were great friends. XD

Well that was fun! Makes me want to play today, so I had best get to it! Have a happy day!

#4 Aro, Mar 7, 2015
    Last edited: Mar 7, 2015
  5. JackAttack

JackAttack Guest

What is your favorite Race? Nord - I usually pick a Nord on Elder Scrolls
    What is your least favorite Race? Wood Elf and High elf

What is your favorite City? Whiterun
    What is your least favorite City? Windhelm

Who is your favorite Jarl? The one in Whiterun
    Who is your least favorite Jarl? There was a young arrogant one, in Falkreath I think

What/where is your favorite house? Whiterun
    What/where is your least favorite house? None

Who did you side with, if anyone, in the Civil War? Why? Empire - better united against the Elves

Which of the Daedric Princes is your favorite? Hermaeus Mora (especially after the Dragonborn DLC)
    Which of the Daedra Princes if your least favorite? The main one from Oblivion, still the enemy

What Quest is your favorite? I probably sound like I love Whiterun too much but Battle for/Defense of Whiterun was one of the my favourite quests. I really enjoyed Forsworn Conspiracy too.
    What Quest is your least favorite? A Night to remember, it felt boring and dragged a bit for me.

Which Guild/Alliance/Group is your favorite? Fighters Guild
    Which Guild/Alliance/Group is your least favorite? Thieves guild - All those stealing side quests were really boring

Who is your favorite NPC? everyone that said "I used to be an adventurer like you, but then I took an arrow in the knee"
    Who is your least favorite NPC? none really

Who is your favorite Follower? I only used one for one of the Daedra quests so probably that one.
    Who is your favorite Follower? N/A

What is your favorite Dragon Shout? The first one you get where you push people.
    What is your least favorite Dragon Shout? There were a few poinltess ones but I cant remember them properly.

What is your favorite book to collect? N/A

Where is the craziest/silliest/most ridiculous place a courier has given you a letter/note? Haha there were quite a few ones in some random cave.

6. TheDapperCorvid

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    What is your favorite Race? [Either Wood Elf or Argonian.]
    What is your least favorite Race? [Bretons.]

What is your favorite City? [Whiterun and Solitude.]
    What is your least favorite City? [Markarth]

Who is your favorite Jarl? [Jarl Balgruuf]
    Who is your least favorite Jarl? [Jarl Siddgeir]

What/where is your favorite house? [Breezehome.]
    What/where is your least favorite house? [Haven't decided.]

Who did you side with, if anyone, in the Civil War? Why? [The Imperials, as they're only siding with the Thalmor out of necessity and survival. They need Skyrim in order to fight back against the Aldmeri Dominion once and for all and bring back Talos worship.]

Which of the Daedric Princes is your favorite? [Meridia and Azura]
    Which of the Daedra Princes if your least favorite? [Molag Bal and Namira.]

What Quest is your favorite? [Sovngarde]
    What Quest is your least favorite? [Tending The Flames]

Which Guild/Alliance/Group is your favorite? [The Mages Guild.]
    Which Guild/Alliance/Group is your least favorite? [The Blades.]

Who is your favorite NPC? [M'aiq the Liar]
    Who is your least favorite NPC? [Elenwen.]

Who is your favorite Follower? [J'Zargo]
    Who is your favorite Follower? [Lydia]

What is your favorite Dragon Shout? [Marked For Death. Saved my character on multiple occasions, when I take advantage of the stacking armor reduction and use it to kill enemies stronger than I am. It's how I got through Forelhost at level 7.]
    What is your least favorite Dragon Shout? [Elemental Fury]

What is your favorite book to collect? [The Doors of Oblivion, and The Mystery of Talara.]

Where is the craziest/silliest/most ridiculous place a courier has given you a letter/note? [In the middle of the road, halfway to Whiterun.]

Finally, assuming the Dragonborn does all the various Daedra quests, when they die, where will their soul go? To whom does that right belong to? So many sources have laid claim to it, and it will be interesting to see how that matter is handled.
    [I have no idea. Maybe the Powers That Be will argue long enough to give the Dragonborn some kind of immortality clause, or they'll engage in some kind of contest to decide. Knowing Daedra, nothing's certain.]

7. Kaiser

Kaiser Guest

I'll have to share my personal character story, another time, but for now...

Breton.

I love their Magic Resistance, their lore, and the fact they start off well-rounded for Magic. Also, I think they're the easiest -- without Mods -- to make into attractive/beautiful individuals. It also helps that, of all the Human-like races, they have Elven blood running through them.

Second place is a tie, between Dark Elf and Redguard.

Imperial.

While their history is fine, they're kind of boring. They lack the magical aptitude of the Bretons, the combat prowess of the Nords, and the unique history of the other Races.

Windhelm.

It does look a little rough, but it is a beautiful-looking city. It has one of the best areas for "grinding", which is the market place. You have two merchants, the blacksmith, an Enchanting Table, and the Alchemy Shop is right there. Beyond that, I like the community in the Gray Quarter, and the ships in the docks, which can take you places.

Markarth is a close second, but everything is so wildly placed. Even if you have played for a while, you can sometimes forget where things and places are. In terms of aesthetic design, Markarth takes the cake.

Winterhold.

While I like the College, there just isn't much else there. To be fair, it really isn't a city anymore.

Of actual cities, probably Whiterun. It's too... bland for me. Other than Ysolda, who is a drug dealer, nobody else there is all that interesting. Everything is so far spread out, you waste time running from here to there, if you're trying to "grind".

Elisif the Fair of Solitude.

She seems to mean well, and I like her. Considering the situation of Skyrim, the fact she can even remain friendly-enough is very telling of her strength. Of course, some members of her court are assholes, but that seems to be how it works. No Jarl is completely clean or likable, be it a personality trait, their past, or who they surround themselves with.

If we assume she will be High Queen and not just a Jarl, then my vote goes to...

Idgrod Ravencrone of Morthal.

The psychic abilities make her interesting, but she's also the most chill of the Jarls. I love how, even though she is part of the Imperials, she doesn't seem to give a damn. The other Jarls, even if they give you that "I side with my city!", Idgrod is the only one that is even remotely indifferent. To me, this makes her a true neutral party, and she can be the most fun. In the Main Quest line's Diplomatic Immunity, you really get to see how awesome she can be.

Finally, she actually seems grateful, for what you do, and isn't just trying to kiss your ass. I really like the fact she sneaks around Morthal, too, it's absolutely hilarious to see an elderly woman, still being so young.

Siddgeir of Falkreath.

I dislike almost everything about this man. He's pompous, he's insensitive, and he's a shady crook. If you don't have Hearthfire installed, he sends you on a quest to fetch him liquor. Yes, you, the mighty Dragonborn, have been reduced to liquor-fetcher. And this is just one example of why I dislike him.

He doesn't really seem to care about his hold, at all. He lets his steward handle everything, well, except the rewards of being in charge. The only thing I like about him is, he has no shame, and he doesn't really hide who he is. He won't kiss your ass, and I kind of like that.

A close second would be Korir of Winterhold. His attitude towards the College, his lack of intent to do anything about the city's situation, and just the way his court is so disrespectful towards him. He does nothing, but at least he doesn't boast about.

Non-DLC: Markarth.

It's spacious, it has the best bookshelf, and it looks safe and sturdy.

A close second is the Riften home. You can buy it for the same price as the Whiterun home, but unlike Whiterun, this has an Enchanting Table, two mannequins, and the back door, which is nice if you don't want a dragon scorching the townsfolk.

DLC: Morthal.

Despite the other houses in the DLC all, potentially, being able to look the same, the Morthal house is in a nice location. It's close enough to both Solitude and Morthal, for one, which makes it strategically important. The fish hatchery is a nice addition, that only that house gets, and it can allow you to generate Alchemy ingredients.

I tend to build these add-ons:

- Armory, where I place my more unique armors, and in the cabinets below them, various enchanted items that associate with those armors. In my other DLC homes, I tend to go with the Library, because I love to collect the various books.

- Greenhouse, where I can, alongside the fish hatchery outside, grow Alchemy ingredients. In my other DLC homes, I tend to go with the extra Bedrooms, for everybody in my home.

- Storage Room, for some extra storage space. But that isn't the primary reason, I have that because, the Storage Room provides you a balcony, and since it is at the rear of the house, you get a pretty awesome view of the Blue Palace in Solitude.

Whiterun.

It's small and cramped, has limited storage space, and is lacking an Enchanting Table.

Sure, it's right next to the Blacksmith, but you have to haul ass up to Dragonsreach if you want to enchant something. I never get this house, because for the same $5,000 Gold, I can get the Riften house, which comes with more stuff.

Most folks claim that the Empire is the best chance of defeating the Thalmor. While this might seem true on the surface, there is something often overlooked. The Redguards, by themselves, kicked the Thalmor's asses -- right out of Hammerfell. Naturally, the Redguards are pissed about this, and rightfully so.

If we throw in the Nords with the Redguards, I'd say it is possible to defeat the Thalmor. The Empire has terrible leadership in the upper classes, and it supports some of the most crooked people -- Siddgeir and Maven fuckin' Black-Briar. This isn't to say the Stormcloak-appointed choices are better either (I'm looking at you, Silver-Bloods), but it is something to take note of.

I do think Ulfric could be a lot better in terms of relationships with the other Races, but we have to keep something in mind. Everybody in Skyrim discriminates against the Khajiit, none of them let a Khajiit inside of their cities. And people cite that keeping the Argonians outside at the docks, is racist or something, and maybe it is, but from a governmental perspective, this is actually a good idea.

Why?

Well, historically, the Dark Elves and the Argonians don't like each other. You know, that whole invading the Dark Elves homeland, after a mountain erupted and destroyed much of it. And before that, there was the Dark Elf's tendency to use Argonian slave labor. Letting them into the city could cause unnecessary tensions. With a war going on, you don't leave your home subject to chaos.

Most of the racial claims are due to others in the Stormcloak Army. By that logic, we should kill all Bretons, because all Forsworn are typically Bretons. Ulfric himself tends to be more indifferent than flat out racist.

Interestingly, Windhelm has the most diverse assortment of Races. That's pretty impressive for a so-called racist.

Getting back to the whole Redguards beating back the Thalmor. I tend to not like the Empire because they buckled. The Redguards show, if you have some tenacity, you can win. And since the Thalmor engage in genocide, I cannot stand by and tolerate the ethnic cleansing of the elven race, when it could be stopped.

So, who do I side with? Well, game-wise, I tend to get through the Main Quest and carve up the various holds. I like some Imperial Jarls and I like some Stormcloak Jarls. Lore-wise, I would probably go with the Stormcloaks, because I suspect the Redguards would ally with them, providing a chance for a new world.

Mephala.

Sexy, dark, and ruthless. She toys with mortals, just because she likes to watch the webs they weave fall apart.

Also, some sources claim it is she, who is the Night Mother of the Dark Brotherhood. If this is taken at face value, then this only adds more to Mephala's allure. She's playing the Morag Tong and the Dark Brotherhood, against one another basically.

Sheogorath, Mehrunes Dagon, Hermaeus Mora, and Vaermina, are also favorites. I'd include Molag Bal, but he isn't so much a favorite as he is interesting.

Peryite.

He's okay, but he seems to be a last minute addition to the Daedra. So much more could have been done with him. However, I do like the fact he represents pestilence, that is kind of cool.

The Forsworn Conspiracy.

Definitely opened my eyes to the complexity of social and political events, in the land of Skyrim, especially in The Reach. Also, who doesn't love a good prison break?

It's a tie between the Bards College quests and "Go find my ___ in this place, and bring it back to me"-type ones.

The Dark Brotherhood.

The Mages College has interesting individuals, but it feels half-ass overall. The Thieves Guild is okay, but it feels forced with the camaraderie. Delvin Malloy is pretty awesome though, for being in both the Thieves Guild and the Dark Brotherhood. The Companions are the most stereotypical, and as a result, they come off as slightly boring to me. The Bards College is just that, something extra to be a part of.

The Companions. I rarely finish even doing their quest line. I've done it twice, once for the Achievements, and a second time for a Nord character. I just don't find it all that compelling. The only perk is having access to Aela the Huntress, who is an effective follower.

Astrid.

She's a bad bitch. I respect that, even if she went off the deep end.

Sven in Riverwood.

Serana and Eola.

Both of them make fantastic followers. Eola, though, is willing to summon an Atronach, which adds to your personal band:

- The Dragonborn
    - Eola
    - The Dragonborn's two Dremora Lords
    - Eola's Flame Atronach
    - Shadowmere

That band fucks shit up.

Serana is nice, because of her voice, and being essential. I also like her back story, too.

Who is your least favorite Follower?
    Since I have the option of choosing who follows me, I'd say none of them are.

Become Ethereal.

It's too useful. Being able to fall from ridiculous heights, avoid damage, and the way it looks, all make it awesome.

Soul Tear just looks amazingly badass.

I don't use the Dragon Shouts as much as I could, to be honest.

Probably the one that clears the skies. It looks cool, but it's really useless.

The Wolf Queen.
    Biography of Barenziah.
    The Real Barenziah.
    Azura and the Box.
    The Madmen of the Reach.

I'll also collect anything to do with the Daedra, the Dwarves/Dwemer, and books with pictures, because they're all pretty amusing to look at.

And Spellbooks, because they look nice on the shelf.

Karthspire, which is the largest Forsworn camp.

I'm running around, dodging Ice Spikes, Hagravens, and Briar Hearts... the usual... and all of a sudden my character stops, turns, and... there he is:

"I have something I'm supposed to deliver. Let's see..."

Of course, the whole time, I'm being impaled with Ice Spikes.

I believe Sithis will claim their soul. After all, it was from Sithis that all came, and it is to Sithis that all goes.

#7 Kaiser, Mar 7, 2015
    Last edited: Mar 7, 2015
  8. LexSeir

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    What is your favorite Race? -Dunmer or Breton, depends on how magically inclined I am at the time.
    What is your least favorite Race? -Altmer.

What is your favorite City? -My favourite city is Markarth.
    What is your least favorite City? -Whiterun. I can't even set foot there without thinking; "sigh. Here we fucking are again."

Who is your favorite Jarl? -I don't really have a favourite Jarl, but I'd say the one I am least inclined to kill is Idgrod Ravencrone.
    Who is your least favorite Jarl? -Ulfric Stormcloak. What a dick.

What/where is your favorite house? -Vindrel Hall, in Markarth.
    What/where is your least favorite house? -Breezehome, in Whiterun.

Who did you side with, if anyone, in the Civil War? Why? -I side with the Imperials, as I dislike the Stormcloaks attitude and whatnot. Not to mention, I take lore very seriously and almost always play as a Dunmer. So, since many of the Nords (especially in Windhelm) are racist towards the Dunmer, I choose to fight against them.

Which of the Daedric Princes is your favorite? -Sanguine or Sheogorath. They're interesting.
    Which of the Daedra Princes if your least favorite? -Hircine. Not interesting.

What Quest is your favorite? -I don't particularly have one, but I enjoy most quests in the game initiated by Daedric Lords.
    What Quest is your least favorite? -Don't really have a least favourite either, unless all of those side quests Jarls give you like "Give a Bisection to the Rabid Goat at Shitstorm Hollow" count. (Please note that that's not a real quest. A more realistic example is "Kill the Giant at Sleeping Tree Camp".)

Which Guild/Alliance/Group is your favorite? -Probably the Dark Brotherhood or the College of Winterhold.
    Which Guild/Alliance/Group is your least favorite? -The Forsworn. Almost bigger pricks than the Stormcloaks.

Who is your favorite NPC? -Don't have one.
    Who is your least favorite NPC? -The little girl living in Dragonsreach in Whiterun. What a pretentious, sheltered, asshole of a child.

Who is your favorite Follower? -I don't have one, and I usually go on quests alone.
    Who is your favorite Follower? -I'm going to assume this means "least favourite". None of them, I'm neutral on the whole follower business.

What is your favorite Dragon Shout? -Strun Bah Qo, or Storm Call.
    What is your least favorite Dragon Shout? -Zul Mey Gut, or Throw Voice. It never fucking works.

What is your favorite book to collect? -Most books that are arranged as a story or legend/history record that have more than one book to cover the entire story. It's fun seeking them out.

Where is the craziest/silliest/most ridiculous place a courier has given you a letter/note? -I was on the throat of the world, at the dragon wall located at the peak, when this letter bearing fool runs up from what was almost certainly Solitude to give me a goddamn letter of inheritance. I only got a hundred septims, too. I don't think he's getting paid enough.

Finally, assuming the Dragonborn does all the various Daedra quests, when they die, where will their soul go? To whom does that right belong to? So many sources have laid claim to it, and it will be interesting to see how that matter is handled. -I'd say either Sithis or Akatosh, Sithis because Sithis created all things- and all things must return back to Sithis, and Akatosh due to him being the chief deity of the Nine Divines, and father of the dragons. Therefore, Akatosh would probably hold some claim over the Dragonborn.

9. Lazuri

A lot of these questions I either don't care about or I'm too uneducated in the lore. I only started playing the Elder Scrolls with the addition of Skyrim because the old ones.... They're just not good games. I'm even on the fence with Skyrim because while it works as a game and it's at least fun to play once in a while, I see shortcuts and lazy programming everywhere and that whole "we don't need to polish this, the community will finish it" mentality at Bethesda is kind of pissing me off.

What is your favorite Race? Nord. Why? They're obviously based on Scandinavians, so I relate strongly to pretty much everything about them.
    What is your least favorite Race? I don't really have a least favorite race.

What is your favorite City? Whiterun. See, I get why people would dislike it, but I've been in ancient towns here in Sweden that looks very, very similar to Whiterun so I feel kind of at home.
    What is your least favorite City? Probably Winterhold. There's just nothing there.

Who is your favorite Jarl? I don't really have one. They all pay me.
    Who is your least favorite Jarl? Though that dude in Falkreath has special place of hate in my heart.

What/where is your favorite house? The house you build yourself by the lack in Falkreath hold.
    What/where is your least favorite house? I dunno, actually. I usually just stick to the ones I enjoy and haven't really tried them all out.

Who did you side with, if anyone, in the Civil War? The first few characters I'd side with the Stormcloaks. Why? I have a long memory and dislike being invited to my own execution. After I got the "New Beginnings" mod and I didn't start the game with my head on he executioner's block however, I'd normally side with the Empire simply because it made the most sense for most of my characters to do so. That said, I'll only ally with either side if I think it's something my character would do.

Which of the Daedric Princes is your favorite? I don't really now. I pretty much forget all about them shortly after the quest is done.
    Which of the Daedra Princes if your least favorite? See above.

What Quest is your favorite? I've no idea. I honestly don't do a lot of question. I just kind of lollygag around.
    What Quest is your least favorite? Though I'll say that almost every single fetch quest is instantly abandoned as soon as it ends up in my log.

Which Guild/Alliance/Group is your favorite? I liked the Dark Brotherhood. Not only are the quests fun and stuff, you get Shadowmere, the best quest reward in the entire game, hands down.
    Which Guild/Alliance/Group is your least favorite? Bard's college.

Who is your favorite NPC? Don't have one.
    Who is your least favorite NPC? Almost every single child in the game. I like kids just fine, but it feels to me that everybody in Skyrim raises their kids to be either obnoxious, annoying, assholes or all three.

Who is your favorite Follower? I will rarely bring anybody, but I usually roll heavy armor characters, so I have a tendency to grab that woman in the Whiterun tavern, have her follow me, let her die a horrible death and steal her armor.
    If we're going with mods, then my favorite follower is hands down Dovahbear
    Who is your least favorite Follower? None of them really, since I don't use them.

What is your favorite Dragon Shout? Yol Tor Shuul, or fire breath. I mean.... Who doesn't want to breathe fire? Just call me Uncle Iroh.
    What is your least favorite Dragon Shout? Probably Throw Voice or Clear Skies. They're both completely useless to my characters.

What is your favorite book to collect? I don't really collect books.

Where is the craziest/silliest/most ridiculous place a courier has given you a letter/note? At the bottom of a fucking lake.

Finally, assuming the Dragonborn does all the various Daedra quests, when they die, where will their soul go? To whom does that right belong to? No clue. Hope they fight over it.

10. Vapid

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I usually just build a character and run with it. My favourite was a Breton Battlemage named Yulia. Born without a soul, she made an excellent mercenary and did whatever until reaching Skyrim and consuming her first Dragon Soul.

What is your favorite Race? Breton
    What is your least favorite Race? High Elf

What is your favorite City? Riften
    What is your least favorite City? Dawnstar

Who is your favorite Jarl? Balgruuf
    Who is your least favorite Jarl? Siddgeir

What/where is your favorite house? Honeyside or Vlindrel Hall
    What/where is your least favorite house? Hjerim

Who did you side with, if anyone, in the Civil War? Why? Imperial, because they at least appear less racist.

Which of the Daedric Princes is your favorite? None, really, but Molag and Malacath have great voices.
    Which of the Daedra Princes if your least favorite? Fucking. Namira.

What Quest is your favorite? Don't have one.
    What Quest is your least favorite? Namira's.

Which Guild/Alliance/Group is your favorite? Thieves Guild
    Which Guild/Alliance/Group is your least favorite? Dark Brotherhood

Who is your favorite NPC? Drunken Revelers
    Who is your least favorite NPC? Delphine

Who is your favorite Follower? Serana
    Who is your least favorite Follower? No one.

What is your favorite Dragon Shout? Unrelenting Force
    What is your least favorite Dragon Shout? Clear Skies, maybe. I never use it outside of the plot.

What is your favorite book to collect? The Poison Song

Where is the craziest/silliest/most ridiculous place a courier has given you a letter/note? Can't remember.

For Yulia, Molag Bal has a first-come claim, but Meridia, Hircine, Boethiah, and Mehrunes would probably fight him for it.

11. kageshiro

kageshiro Guest

NERDS!

What is your favorite Race? I'm not really particular, I've played with an imperial, a redguard, a Dark elf and I've just started on a new playthrough with an orc. I like something different every time, it's part of the reason I get so much replayability out of Skyrim.

What is your least favorite Race? Probably the imperials. There doesn't seem to be anything special about them.. I picked one as my 1st character because I wanted a "default" protagonist type but I wanted something a little different than the basic Nord/Barbarian type. I was leaning toward a breton but went with the Imperial because I thought that "find extra gold" skill would be more useful than it turned out to be.. shoulda went with the breton

What is your favorite City? Markarth!~ I totally agree with Kaiser, that city has by far the best design but it can be a mess to navigate. I love the fact that it's basically a dwarven ruin built into the side of a mountain made into a city. It feels so much more historical and atmospheric than the other cities. Additionally, I think it's hilarious that half of the citizens are secret Forsworn agents or Cannibals. XD

Solitude is a close second, followed by Winterhold, for the college. It's not a major hold, but Riverwood has a nice charm to it as well.

What is your least favorite City? Probably Morthal, or Dawnstar. There just doesn't seem to be any real reason to go there, unless you have the Heathfire add on, which I dont, because I think they picked 2 of the worse cities to let you build a house in. lol

Who is your favorite Jarl? It's gotta be Stormcloak, he exploded the high king to death with his voice!~ Yes he is a horrible racist, but he's kind of a villain I love to hate. It's a nice touch that he appears in Sovngarde at the end of the game if you kill him. One of these times I want to do it ironically with a Storm Cloak spell. xD

Who is your least favorite Jarl? Maven Black Briar, if the imperials take skyrim. Her cocky attitude pisses me off. I wish there was a questline in the game that lets you take her down a peg or 3.

Other than that, the default Falkreath Jarl is basically an inept douchebag.

What/where is your favorite house? Honeyside or Vilindrel Hall are good, I'm not picky so long as there's an enchanting table.

Severin Manor is neat too, it has the fucking wall with a million weapon plaques that I never finish decorating.

What/where is your least favorite house? Eh, probably whiterun for obvious reasons, though I do consider it as the Canon house because later on when the Battle of Whiterun happens I think it has more impact if you live there.

Who did you side with, if anyone, in the Civil War? Why?I personally would go Imperials but if I'm playing as an evil motherfucker Stormcloaks it is~

Which of the Daedric Princes is your favorite? Easily Sheogorath. He has the Best Daedric Quest in skyrim hands down, I love the shit out of the Wabbajack even though I don't use it much.

Prince of Knowledge Herma Mora is cool too. I'm glad they expanded on his character in Dragonborn

Which of the Daedra Princes if your least favorite? Namira I guess. Doing her quest feels uncharacteristic of the Dragonborn to me no matter what his personality is like.

What Quest is your favorite? What Quest is your least favorite?

I actually have the same answer for both of these, lol. Blood On The Ice in Windhelm. The reward is a crucial item for my Necromancer character which is the Necromancer's amulet. I also loved playing detective and going around town breaking into people's houses to figure out the killer's identity. At the same time it's one of my least favorite quests in the game because it's horribly buggy and unclear what the objective is at times. Worst of all, it's easily possible to overlook a part of the quest that causes you to miss out on the main reward, and you cant go back or do anything about it without losing all your data. It's very badly executed and flawed in it's design, but I had alot of fun with it regardless.

Otherwise, Sheogorath's Mind of Madness because Fucking Sheogorath. <3

Which Guild/Alliance/Group is your favorite? Probably the College of Winterhold. I like their quest line, I've never finished a game of skyrim without playing it.

Which Guild/Alliance/Group is your least favorite? The dark brotherhood are a little sadistic and cult-like for my taste.

Who is your favorite NPC? I like what's his name, Erandur? from the Vaermina quest. He has a nice story going for him about Redemption. Other than him, Neloth from Dragonborn is the best.

Who is your least favorite NPC? Rolf Stone Fist or whatever. The dude who goes into the Gray quarter and yells slurs at the dark elfs, pity you can't murder him

Who is your favorite Follower? I dunno xD I don't use followers that much, they don't seem to be a level of useful that falls between Stealing all your kills, or getting themself killed

Who is your least favorite Follower? Mages! All of them. They one shot everything.

What is your favorite Dragon Shout? Stop time. ZA WARUDO!

What is your least favorite Dragon Shout? I'd have to look through them to tell you which ones aren't particularly useful.

What is your favorite book to collect? I usually keep skill books when I come across them. Except with my Violent Bludgeoning Orc, He doesn't read books, he just eats them!~

Where is the craziest/silliest/most ridiculous place a courier has given you a letter/note? That i'm not sure about.

My master level Conjurer-Necromancer is skilled enough to live forever using Magic. None of the Daedra are going to get his soul, theirs will all belong to him! :icon_twis

#11 kageshiro, Jun 14, 2015
    Last edited: Jun 14, 2015
  12. Sienrar

it's been so long since i've played skyrim that i have little idea of what things are named

fallout: nv mustard rice

13. Jakob

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    What is your favourite Race?
    Khajiit.

What is your least favourite Race?
    Altmer.

What is your favourite City?
    Riften.

What is your least favourite City?
    Markarth.

Who is your favourite Jarl?
    Jarl Balgruuf the Greater.

Who is your least favourite Jarl?
    Jarl Siddgeir.

What/where is your favourite house?
    Windstad Manor, Hjaalmarch.

What/where is your least favourite house?
    Vlindrel Hall, Markarth, The Reach.

The Stormcloaks. Because Ulfric won the duel fair and square, want religious freedom, and didn't attempt to murder me in the intro.

Which of the Daedric Princes is your favourite?
    Sanguine.

Which of the Daedra Princes if your least favourite?
    Namira.

What Quest is your favourite?
    A Night To Remember.

What Quest is your least favourite?
    Discerning the Transmundane.

Which Guild/Alliance/Group is your favourite?
    Thieve's Guild.

Which Guild/Alliance/Group is your least favourite?
    Volkihar Clan.

Who is your favourite NPC?
    M'aiq the Liar.

Who is your least favourite NPC?
    Braith.

Teldryn Sero.

Who is your least favourite Follower?
    Lydia.

What is your favourite Dragon Shout?
    Cyclone.

What is your least favourite Dragon Shout?
    Kyne's Peace.

What is your favourite book to collect?
    The Lusty Argonian Maid.

During a battle against an Ancient Dragon, three bandits, and two giants just outside Dawnstar.

Finally, assuming the Dragonborn does all the various Daedra quests, when they die, where will their soul go? To whom does that right belong to?

If it's a Nord, Sovngarde for sure. If they're a Stormcloak, I'd like to think Talos. Otherwise, it'd be a battle for it by the Daedric Princes. Maybe some weird shared custody thing.

14. Argentwing

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone

My favorite race by far are the Dunmer, natives of Morrowind. :love: My least favorite are probably the Orcs. Not that they aren't cool, but they aren't who I'd choose to play as or associate with.

I like the look of Solitude, but it's sometimes tough to navigate and way out of the way. I think I like Whiterun the best. The city I like least is probably Winterhold. Nothing but a ghost town which would be totally unimportant were it not for the college.

I don't really have favorites here; any who support the Empire are fine by me.

Breezehome. I'm boring! :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: But it's soo convenient hehe. I don't have enough houses to choose a least favorite.

The Empire. I can sort of empathize with the Stormcloaks' desire for independence, but all available strength is needed to resist further oppression by the Thalmor. They might be granted independence after power in the world is more fairly distributed.

Azura is my favorite. She was cooler in Morrowind, but I still like her. Devious without being outright evil. My least favorite is probably Mehrunes Dagon. Generic hellish demon guy, woohoo.

Pff, I have no idea XD. Did so many. But I did quite like the Volkihar vampire questline. My only dislike that comes to mind is having to be a two-bit enforcer in order to get into the Thieves' Guild. The frickin' Dovahkiin shouldn't have to shake down shopkeepers to prove his worth.

The Imperial Legion I guess. The Blades have become a bit dogmatic in these late years so can't be relied on as well. And the legion had the best battles. My least favorite is the Mages' Guild. I had fun with their questline but you really don't have to be good at magic at all. How can you be Arch Mage and barely know how to shoot sparks?

Serana. Badass vampire maiden who also has a sensitive side. Emphasis on the badass; she kills at least as many enemies as I do in any encounter XD. I don't think I have a least favorite outside of Oblivion's "Adoring Fan".

^^ :grin: I can't say I have a least favorite, but Lydia's bad attitude about carrying loot makes me like her less hehe.

FUS RO DAH!!! XD Who doesn't like sending people flying across the room or over cliffs? It's useful in combat too to get distance from your attackers and stun them while you recover. My least favorite is one I've probably never used, something like "Kyne's Peace." It only works for extremely low levels where it's just as fast to kill whatever's attacking you, and is otherwise totally pointless.

One of my favorite TES books is The Locked Room. Cool twist and demands that people who call themselves skilled notice what should be obvious.

I don't think I have any crazy courier stories. They always catch me in a city or on a road, nowhere too remote.

Being the Dragonborn (and that I'm sort of clueless about intricacies of divine lore) I'd guess it belongs to Akatosh, so none of the Daedra get it. Joke's on them :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

15. kageshiro

kageshiro Guest

Isn't it kinda strange that the Aedra never play an active role in the game, but you can interact with every Daedric prince? I'm certain there are several pages of Lore explaining exactly why that is, but I've never read them, so I wonder. lol

16. Ashley2103

Imperial/Nord
    Breton/Argonian
    Solitude
    Markarth

Elisif
    Balgruuf

Solitude
    Markarth

Imperials. Less security.

Sanguine
    Peryite
    The Bedlam Job
    Bleak Falls Barrow

Thieves Guild
    The Companions
    Bandits
    Vampires

None of them
    All of them.....I like being alone

None of them - I always use a mod to turn shouts/dragons off

Spellbooks

i don't remember

The Dragonborn can go where he/she wants to.

#16 Ashley2103, Jun 15, 2015
    Last edited: Jun 15, 2015
  17. Argentwing

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    ^^You seriously turned off dragons? They're like the whole point of the game! XD Although they can get annoying sometimes.

18. Possibly Maybe

High Elves

I don't identify much with Khajiits or Argonians.

It's a tie between Solitude and Whiterun.

Falkreath.. i mean, who goes there? For anything?

Balgruuf.

Again, it's a tie between the Jarl of Dawnstar and Ulfric.

I like Lakeview Manor, but had to give it up. That piece of land is the most cursed place in all of Tamriel. I *always* get something attacking me. Once i got three wolves, two bears, a frostbite spider and a dragon at the same time. I called it quits. I wish i could mod my game (weak computer) and upgrade Breezehome.

Don't have one.

I'm always for the Empire. My logic? Better the devil you know. (i could write pages on this, though :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: )

Sheogorath!!

Mehrunes Dagon.. (can you tell i played Oblivion? lol )

Too many to mention:confused:

Any that is forced upon you.. like the Boethia quest.. i just disable the cultist the moment i see him come for me.:tantrum:

The Thieves Guild.

The Dark Brotherhood..again, i played Oblivion, and ther storyline there is just soo much better. This pales in comparison:eusa_naug

Shahvee. She's an Argonian working in the Windhelm docks. She's just so optimist and trying to turn her life around.

Miraak. I really find the character so cliché and badly developded i normally do the main quest line in the DLC in one sitting just to shut him up.

None. I don't do followers.

Aura Whisper.

Disarm, because it only works until a certain level..then is just useless.

Any.. why do you think i got Hearthfire for? :wink:

I think it was Morthal.. there was a dragon attack, and that stupid *naked* courier came to give a letter, while a Blood Dragon tried to toast my vampire character.

Maybe nowhere.. i think the discussion is still going on hehe

19. EpicConfusion

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'm currently playing Morrowind as Odryn the great great grandfather of my Skyrim character Sventhor. Sventhor is a Dunmer warrior and he weilds Wuuthrad. He was born to a Dunmer father and an Nord mother in Cyrodiil. His descendants had settled there as refugees after the eruption of the red mountain. His father was a blacksmith and his mother was a retired adventurer. She used to captivate him with tales of her exploits through her homeland of Skyrim. Tragically his parents died when their home caught fire. Remembering his mother's stories, Sventhor decided to seek his fortune in Skyrim. Crossing the border, he inadvertently was caught in a battle between stormcloak rebels and the imperials. His leg was pierced with an arrow and he could not escape. The imperials believed that he was considering with the rebels so they sentenced him to execution.

Later on, he became caught up with the Dark Brotherhood. He was forced to join because he knew that if he did not, their assassins would hunt him relentlessly. He was driven to madness by the greif and guilt of committing so many murders and he spiraled into a insanity and depression. He considered it a mistake that he survived almost being executed, and he believed he was meant die. Unable to understand his own existence, he chose to wear a execution hood to show that he was a dead man. Now he wanders Skyrim and Solstheim looting and pillaging without remorse because of his mental instability.

I completed the Imperial civil war questions with him, which was absolute garbage honestly. What a poorly thought out waste of time... I never started the main quest because I find dragons to be annoying and I don't want to fight them. I also finished the Dark brotherhood.

20. kageshiro

kageshiro Guest

I think that's not surprising. The more I play and replay Skyrim, the more Dragons are the most tedious and annoying part of the game for me. Hope they never return in future elder scrolls games, the Daedric Lords are where its at <33