1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Skin Care

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by CactiCat, May 19, 2019.

1. CactiCat

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    So I’m not exactly sure this is in the right spot but I’ve been having trouble finding a product for my skin care routine. So I used to not have one at all. I didn’t even wash my face. You can imagine how that turned out. Well, actually surprisingly ok. But not very good. My face is very oily but I don’t get that much acne. Anyway, my routine now is to use oil blotting wipes, then cold aloe vera gel under my eyes. But the aloe doesn’t really do much except help the puffiness under my eyes, so I’m trying to find a product to replace it. I’ve had a lot of trouble with this so I was hoping someone here knew of something that fits what I’m looking for. I want a moisturizer that is refreshing and doesn’t have any oil. It should be able to soak into my skin really well. Anyone know of a product like this? Oh and it must be under $8. Also, any tips in general for building a skin care routine.

2. CactiCat

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Lol it was in the wrong forum.

3. HM03

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I tend to have the opposite issue - sensitive, dry af skin.

I know it gets said all the time, but diet really helps. Avoid sugary, greasy foods. Stay hydrated (with water!).

Vitamins/nutrients like omega 3 ( fish oil) and B12 (fish/meat/dairy) are good for your skin. I have a more vegetarian-based diet, so I take supplements for Omega 3 and B12 :slight_smile: I love Aveeno products (more than $8, scout for sales or coupons?). They are unscented, non-greasy, absorb quickly and don't irritate my skin. Especially during the summer try to use sunscreen lots - it may not make THAT much of a difference now, but will help your skin look much better later in life.