1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

single

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by taurus12, Oct 18, 2017.

1. taurus12

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Being single and 18 sucks I'm pretty sure it sucks at any age but I'm 18 only one and I want a boyfriend i mean I've used ###### for sex but I want more i want a relationship. I'm at college and I get looks from guys but I'm not sure if it's he's cute wonder if he's gay or why is he looking at me that fag. I'm to shy to talk to others and ask them in case there not interested or there straight then I would get embarrassed and panic then can't breath. You might say join a gay club and meet people but we don't have one at college or local area. I just wish it was easier to meet someone like if there was a spell to make it happen or if people wore labels on there shirts

2. klix

My experience:

Having been single all the way until I was 29 I know how that feels, I spent years in the closet and when I came out and lost my virginity my attention rapidly turned to relationships and it was frustrating not being able to get more than 1 or 2 dates with a guy but things change, with time you'll find someone and instead of worrying about getting a boyfriend you'll be worrying about whether he's the right one, and how to keep him.

I used dating apps where you swipe left/right to meet my lovely boyfriend now, but equally there must be other guys at college, work, it's about figuring out how to ask them out...

The thing to remember is that just as when you were a virgin you probably really wanted to get laid, and felt like that might never happen, getting your first boyfriend is similar, it takes a while but the right person comes along and it's great.

Having now been in a relationship since January, and being my first it's been amazing, but there are negatives, I still have a side that wants to have sex with other guys because that's what I got used to, however being in love with this man and getting close it's just like nothing else.

Asking guys out:

I'll admit I've never done this but I have tried to practice until I met my BF. The first thing is eye contact, you see a cute guy you are watching him and he looks at you, so you snap your eyes away, right? NOOO. Maintain eye contact for a little bit longer than comfortable and give him a smile, maybe look him up and down (check him out), if he responds then maybe just strike up a conversation... If you are on the train say something about the weather or the delays or something. But remember personal safety.

Another way to get better this is to meet people while you are out, there has got to be LGBT venues in Leeds, bars/pubs/clubs, ask one of your mates to go for a drink with you, and maybe you'll meet one.

If that's not your thing there are loads of LGBT groups around activities like outdoor sports, reading groups, poetry, debating, politics, swimming, arts, gaming, bowling, tech so maybe think about what your hobbies and interests are and find those.

How about going to the students union and asking if they have an LGBT officer who could recommend some places to meet other LGBT folks, it doesn't just have to be dating.

Summary:

- Dating apps
    - LGBT groups/events
    - LGBT bars/clubs/pubs
    - Learn to talk to strangers and flirt a little

Especially guys your own age are much more likely to be open to exploring their sexual orientation.

Finally if that really doesn't suit, perhaps you are about to go to Uni where there might be LGBT societies.

A quick google turned up a page on Stonewall listing a couple Leeds based groups, including a Facebook Group:
    https://www.facebook.com/Proudndiverse/

At the end of the day however getting your first boyfriend or indeed any starts by saying hello, getting to know each other, dating, and getting more intimate and eventually one or other of you will ask if you could be boyfriends / exclusive.

3. taurus12

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    today i saw a guy across from me in another room i swear we were looking at each other constantly and you said Maintain eye contact for a little bit longer than comfortable and give him a smile but what if hes not gay or thinks thast weird then i get stabbed (overeating) but do you see my point.

4. YermanTom

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Talk to the guy, there is nothing more innocent than just talking to someone.