1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Siblings

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by seeastar, Jun 2, 2018.

1. seeastar

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Okay so this is kind of a long and probably confusing story. I'm 15 (16 in three-ish weeks) and I have a younger sister (13). We don't really get along, we are very different people and I just have never felt a connection or the want to have a connection. That being said, she doesn't feel that way. She really wants to be close with me. It's really hard because I feel bad but I don't have any desire to spend time with her. It was definitely better when we were younger. Though she hasn't directly told me, she is also gay. I am not out to most people. I know that she has been snooping around my room the past few years and I have an inkling suspicion that she found my journal, in which I wrote about this girl I was crushing over and pretty much spilled every secret I've ever had. I don't know for sure that she did do this, but I know that she snoops around my room and whenever I would mention this girls name she would all of a sudden be very interested. For some reason, I really don't want her to be gay or to know that I am. I don't know why and it's frustrating. I want to tell people and for other people to know but being around my sister just makes me really uncomfortable. Some stuff went down last night and my sister doesn't really know that I know it happened (occurred through text with a mutual friend - it's confusing). Anyways, it has been progressively more and more uncomfortable for me to be around her and I am starting to wonder if it would be better if I just came out to her. My family isn't really on my "want to come out" list, not because I think they won't support me (which I know they will) but because I just feel awkward about it, mostly because my sister is already very open about her sexuality. Anyways, I am kind of in a really awkward position and am not quite sure what to do, especially because my goal for the summer is to come out to all of my friends. I'm sorry this is so long but thank you for reading this if you are here, it means a lot.

2. Biguyjosh

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    She might know you're gay as well and might be trying to get close so she can talk to you about her questions, concerns, fears, etc.

3. smurf

From reading your post it sounds like you might be projecting your own discomfort with your sexuality onto your sister. She kind of represents everything that you dislike/ have tried to hide about yourself. If that is the case then its only natural for you to "push her away" in order to not have to deal with your own sexuality.

I think she might be the perfect person to start your coming out journey, but that of course is up to you to find out!