1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Siblings?

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by steveo, Jul 24, 2008.

1. ElizabethAnne

I've told two of my three brothers and they are thrilled that I've found someone who makes me happy. It was actually not that big of a deal to them, and this is saying a lot since they are both fundamentalist Christians. I daren't tell my other brother (since he is a Pastor), but I will one day when I'm completely comfortable with myself and my sexuality.

2. Lexington

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    My younger sister took it great. She thought it was kinda cool, actually.

My older brother had some issues with it. He's the most conservative one in my family (more so than either parent!), and just hadn't had much interaction with gays. It's tough to tell exactly how much it affected our relationship, since we've always sort of ebbed and flowed. At times we're pretty tight, and others we're rather distant. This has gone on pretty much our whole lives. He's certainly cool with it now - we visit him and his wife often.

Lex

3. xxAngelOnFirexx

my sister tells all of her friends i'm gay and if they have a problem with it she sticks up for me which i find odd because we never get along. she was a little upset at my coming out because i came out with her best friend at the same time we told her that we were dating. she wasn't pleased with me dating her best friend but she didn't mind that I (or her best friend) weren't straight. i don't think people bully her, but if they did i'd have to beat them up. :slight_smile:

4. gutsrie

I know what you mean. My brother and I aren't that close and he still won't accept the fact that I like men and the group of people he hangs out with are pretty homophobic... So I pretty much keep to myself because somehow, those funny close-minded people automatically assume all related people are gay.

5. beckyg

beckyg Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    This is so true. All my girls friends are close to my son too! They all love him. My girls have had no trouble at all and we live in a small town of less than 10,000 people.