1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Should you tell Your Straight Crush that you like them?

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by dopplershift94, Nov 18, 2014.

1. dopplershift94

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hey everyone, thanks for all your replies.

To regards to all of your posts (since they are all similar):

You need to do what you feel is best. I know that it's terrifying to tell them, and you're nervous. I was too. And in that moment, I was so nervous, but I just said the words and once you start, you'll be able to finish (trust me). Just say the first few words and then go from there.

2. Barghbargh457

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    My situation is a tad different then what yours was. Heres the thread i posted
    http://emptyclosets.com/forum/family-friends-relationships/176789-bi-love-my-bestfriend.html
    just for you to get a sense. I think about it and i can see my self staying brothers and bestfriends but i just idk, i wanna be that guy for him that can cuddle and kiss you know? We already cuddle and we plan on spending the rest of our lives together (until marriage) But i cannot tell him and get that closure for two big reasons
    A)He wouldnt feel the same and when i do tell him hell change on me and we wont be so close, which hes expressed to me before.
    B) I know he loves me and cares about me so much, but hes homophobic a little and I cant loose him because like i said i love how close we are now and hes 100% like a brother to me...
    I guess either way i could move on and try to be with another guy secretly (Theres one guy in my school that i know is Bi for other reasons and i could try) but if there were any other way i could be that guy to my bestfriend i would love to uk?
    Its a mess :frowning2:

3. Ybelira Inias

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Your story kept me reading without blinking untill the very end. I'm very glad all went well!
    And I totaly agree with your statement. "The only failure is never to try". I've been plucking up courage in the last few days and this monday, after my crush'es birthday, I'll tell her. I know she's at least supportive when it comes to homosexuality.
    But for everyone reading: My biggest motivation to do it is that noone knows what comes tomorrow. Now I have the opportunity but nobody can garantee I won't lose it if I wait too long. I can do it now, loose a friend or gain someone more special, whatever the outcome I'll be able to keep going forward, not torturing myself with the mentioned "what if"-s.
    Sincere thanks for the encouragement!

4. colorblind

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    What if you barely know the person but you know you had a connection and she now lives in a different city? If you just feel like you have to get to know this person?

5. dopplershift94

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I still think honesty is still the best policy

6. atoadaso

atoadaso Guest

I think as long as you feel safe doing so, there's not that much harm in telling them. My ex was in love with me, thinking I was straight (I also thought that), but I eventually got her to admit to it & we dated for a little over a year. Sometimes things work out, sometimes they don't. All that about only missing the shots you don't take, y'know. The worse that can happen (assuming they're accepting & you're in a good place mentally to handle rejection) is they can say they don't return the feelings & things are awkward for a bit.

7. ChristianHipstr

Telling them that you think they're a catch, in a friendly way, yes. If they are cool with you being gay.
    Exploiting your profuse romantic feeling to them? No. No no. No. No. No.. Especially if there's no doubt that they are straight. That never ended well for me