1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Should I worry about this?

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Nocturnal Lord, Jul 4, 2017.

?

Should I worry about my Masculine/Feminine Scale?

1. Yes, you should explore what you truely are.

2. No, It's not a really big deal. Just go with you're gut. Do whatever.

3. It will change and vary as life goes on; all depends.

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. Nocturnal Lord

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I guess this fit's into the category of coming out;

I'm going to try to sum it up the best I can; so whoever isn't reading a book.

When I was younger (about 12 to 14) I had this feminine side appear out of nowhere within me. All of the sudden I had this urge to have feminine mannerisms; dress a certain way when I was alone at home. (As; for if I was ever doing anything of the sort; I made sure no public eyes would see the way I was dressing; or walking; talking; doing my hair; experimenting with makeup.)

That year I entered high school; and came out to a few people. (some I shoulden't have, mostly girls.) People began to ask me a lot of questions; and most began to stop associating with me.

A couple year's have passed, High school has just ended. I appear to be masculine in pretty much all aspects. But I think the reason mostly being; I've in a sense forced myself to BE more masculine.

I was told by a therapist that perhaps one of the reasons I enjoyed feminine things was because; if I were to happen to have be female; it would be easier for me to accept my attractions toward's guys.

Should I be concerned with my masculinity and feminine scale? I've gradually come to accept my own theory of not even believing in Masculine or feminine traits. For it is something earlier humans made up. I would like to hear what people have to say on my thoughts.

2. Totesgaybrah

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    All of the above pretty much, but really don't let it stress you out.
    I would go with your own theory since it makes the most sense. Most of our Masculine/Feminine stereotypes come from media
    Even within our lifetimes masculine and feminine stereotypes are and will be changing.

High school is tough, I also acted much more masculine when I started HS. I can remember actually thinking to myself that because I was going to HS I could "start over" and be outgoing and masculine hahah. Some people had started accusing my of being gay in middle school so I wanted to put a stop to that.
    It worked really well I was very masculine by the time HS was over with, at least outwardly appearing. After HS I think I got sort of stuck in that mind state(because it was comfortable and safe?), so over the last year or so I've been figuring out who I really am. Don't waste years being someone you are not like I did because thats not really living.

Just be yourself. Don't be afraid to have both masculine and feminine traits, everyone does.

A bit rambling, hope this helps.

3. AlastairCH

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    People on a sign traits to gender because they feel a need to validate their own behaviour and are scared to accept the posibility that there is a spectrum. In my opinion.