1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Should I go through with it or nah...

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by GeckoLove, Apr 10, 2019.

1. GeckoLove

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Hi so I posted another thread because Im struggling with labeling myself. (Pretty sure I'm bi :/ ) A lot of people told me to wait it out, which I gladly will. The only thing is I've been questioning whether I should tell someone. My best friend and I have known each other our entire lives. We are extremely close, I mean we even made a blood oath... Anyways a while back I talked to her about the idea of me possibly being bipolar. I asked if she knew what that is, and she told me that she thought that bipolar was bisexual. Surprisingly she seemed ok with it, although she did seem a little uncomfortable. Me being the idiot I am, panicked and lied, then proceeded to spend the rest of our time together trying to convince her that I'm not bi. Before this she had mentioned once the idea of me being bi or lesbian, and during that time I also panicked and lied. I trust her, and I'm fairly sure she would accept me, but she has thrown me under the bus many times before and I really don't want to be outed to our parents. Should I stop lying to her and tell her what I've been struggling with, or wait this out alone?

2. Ram90

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    If you feel your friend isn't homophobic/LGBTQ+phobic and can be a good support for you, then I'd encourage you to explore the option of coming out to them. :slight_smile:

3. Emmareld

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    A few people
    If you feel comfortable with it, you can always come out to your friend, but if they have thrown you under the bus before, then maybe rethink depending on your past experience with them. Just give it some thought and time and if you feel ready then just come out with it but if you don't then that is okay too. There's no rush.

Waffless likes this.
  4. GeckoLove

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Thanks for the reply. I don't think she is, because I've asked her opinion on the LGBTQ+ group and shown her certain videos and pictures before to which she always responded with something like "cute", never any hate. Tbh, I have a feeling she might already know... I'm not very good at being casual lol.

5. GeckoLove

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Thanks for the reply. I've been thinking about whether she's trustworthy or not, and I realized she's only thrown me under the bus to save her own butt. Our parents are fighting so we've been meeting in the woods. (Stupid idea.) The things we talk about are extremely dark, so we made an oath, "what is said here, stays here." No matter how many times she's ditched me, we have always kept our oaths. In conclusion, I've decided to randomly bring up the fact that I've had a girlfriend before tomorrow and see how that goes. I'll wait until I've actually labeled myself before I...come out to her fully? Idk what I'm saying anymore ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

sublimeprincess and Emmareld like this.