1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

should i go for it?

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by GayRoachGal, Aug 30, 2022.

1. GayRoachGal

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    ok, so as of probably about 2 weeks ago, I came out to my parents, who took it very well, now I'm contemplating coming out to my art teacher, I spend almost every lunch in the art room with her, she isn't religious which in this case is helpful, as an art project I'm currently making a pride skateboard deck, so in all I honestly wouldn't be surprised if she already knew!

PJ208 and quebec like this.
  2. Isbjorn

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    If she is a good teacher/mentor, she will roll with it. If you feel safe with her, I don't see why not. Rainbow board decks, don't necessarily scream GAY! It also could mean, I like rainbows, unicorns, and glitter! :grin: Also I support LGBTQIA+, don't like it eat my rails.

It is up to you. I know it feels good to share and get more weight lifted off your shoulders. It is also nice to have more adults in your corner, IF things get dicey with any kids. Not that they will, but if it makes a safe place safer, go for it.

PJ208 and Ipswichfan like this.
  3. BiGemini87

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'm glad to hear that your parents took it well. If you get along well with this teacher and she's one of those people you feel safe and secure around, then definitely go for it--just be sure it's because you want to, not because of any sense of obligation. :slight_smile:

Isbjorn likes this.
  4. quebec

Moderator Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    GayRoachGal.....Congrats on coming out to you parents! That is a very important and a very big step. If you feel that your Art Teacher will keep your sexuality in confidence and not share it with anyone, and if they are the kind of person who will support you...then that could be a very good choice. I was a high school teacher for over 40 years and had several kids come out to me never knowing that I was also gay. I kept that secret until after I retired and then only came out to a few former students who were also gay. It was such a shock to them to find out that the teacher that they had come out to and had in many of their classes was also gay all along! :old_big_grin:
    .....David :gay_pride_flag:

Isbjorn likes this.
  5. GayRoachGal

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    nice to hear from you again!