1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Should I get a sexuality pin/badge ?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by SomeAverageBoy, Aug 21, 2017.

1. SomeAverageBoy

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    At my school I saw some pupils (and even some staff members) wearing all kinds of LGBT pins, I thought I could maybe get a pin with the Bi flag (since I'm pretty sure that's who I am) and wear it to school but I dunno, I'm not sure. I'm not out at all in my school, though a lot of guys in my class make homoerotic jokes to each other so maybe they won't mind ?
    I've never been very open about my sexuality before so this idea is quite new to me :/

2. Claudia G

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Only if you're comfortable :slight_smile: some people are very proud of their sexuality and can think of it as one of the biggest parts about them, and others think it's about as important as any other fact about you like your eye color. It's awesome that your classmates are (probably) allies and if your comfortable doing this, then go for it! It's almost like a non-verbal way of coming out to people and still treating it like previous information. Also, if you still find yourself unsure, no harm in thinking about it some more. Maybe even practice walking around with the pin on around people you're out to. Best of luck :grin:

3. Grace24601

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I got a gay pride pin and put it on my bag when I started at a new college, it wasn't specific enough to my own sexuality but it showed my beliefs :slight_smile: and a few people said they'd noticed and started a conversation and now we're friends. It's an easier way to be more open without having to actually come out, or you might find some more open minded people who you would find very accepting :slight_smile:

4. KaylaRCray

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    If you want to and you are proud to be who you are go for it! I dont have a pin (my parents are homophobes) but i have a bisexual anklet and they dont suspect a thing. I love having it as my little secret, and if someone notices and wants to chat im happy to have made a new ally and friend. Hope it all goes well with you!

#4 KaylaRCray, Aug 26, 2017
    Last edited: Aug 26, 2017
  5. holtzysorry

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I have rainbow buttons on my backpack and duffel. It helps me stay discreet about my sexuality and everyone loves a rainbow!

#5 holtzysorry, Aug 27, 2017
    Last edited: Aug 27, 2017