1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Should I force myself to date woman just to confirm my sexuality?

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by Hope4love, Apr 15, 2019.

1. Hope4love

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    it sounds like an odd idea, but who knows maybe i will turn out bi, i've never dated anyone before literally no one and i'm already 20, and i don't feel like dating woman, but i genuinely want to date men, at the same time i'm still struggling with thoughts like maybe i will never be attracted to woman after that, i don't know why but i feel as if I have an opportunity to still find woman attractive and i fear losing that chance after dating men, i grow up in a religious culture too, I also feel anxious that the "man" I date will somehow expose me to people and ruin my reputation and life, but with woman I'm not as anxious because it's acceptable socially.
    i also fear losing my confidence and masculinity and my self esteem and "becoming addicted to men", maybe I have internalized homophobia, any advice?

2. Jaimequestions

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I would go out with someone you are interested in. It doesn't matter what the person is, as long as you like them. I would not date someone because of how people see you because them you are lying to yourself. If you turn out to be gay, then wither the people around you will accept you or not. If they don't then they were never really that close. I have a cousin that I am 99% sure she is gay, but if she came out tomorrow I would be the first person to congratulate her.

Hope4love likes this.