1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Should I come out? How do I do it?

Discussion in 'LGBT Later in Life' started by Ammie, Nov 16, 2018.

1. Ammie

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Hey people, how are you?
    I've been thinking I am bisexual since I was seventeen (now 22). I never had a pratical experience with love, but I fell for two girls in my past, but they were straight.
    I want to come out to my mom, but I don't know if I should. Sometimes she is negative, others positive towards gays.
    How can I give some clues that I am bi?
    Thanks you all <3

2. Ammie

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Hey people, sorry, I posted it on the wrong place without wanting.
    How can I delete it?

3. Nic2552

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    If you are ready then do so , even if you feel she may have a negative response, sometimes it's those people who always talk negative about gays.. who are the ones who have a positive feedback. They talk negative because they don't understand. Sometimes it's good to educate those who have bad things about our community. But be sure you know who you are or they will feel you are just confused and not take you serious .

4. quebec

Moderator Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Ammie..... Hello and a very big welcome to empty closets! Don't worry too much about where you posted...people will still see it. One of the best ways to handle a coming out that may not go well or that you just don't know how to do it is to write a letter. Writing a letter lets you be sure that you are saying things in the right way. It lets you collect and organize your thoughts without the pressure and nervousness of a face-to-face confrontation. It also allows the recipient of the letter to have some time to collect their thoughts instead of the emotional outburst that happens too often. You don't have to be present when the letter is read...and that can be a very big plus! Even if you don't use the letter it can really help you prepare for the coming out experience. Think about it, it may be something that will work for you. There are some sample coming out letters here on empty closets. To find them:

Go to the Login page, but do not login. At the top, you will see some links. Click on "Resources". That will bring up a page with a box on the upper left. In that box, you will see a link to "Coming out letters". Click that and you are there! I wish you much good luck...you can and will make it!
    .....David :gay_pride_flag:

5. Ammie

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Hello Nic and David, thanks for yours replies.
    I will definitively see these Coming out letters, because it seems simpler to come out by letter

6. Nic2552

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone

Anytime , let us know how it turned out

7. CosmicWolf

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I hope your coming out goes well.

I came out as bisexual to my parents via letter, I found this way easier than trying to tell them in person. I was able to write down my thoughts and everything I wanted to say without my nerves getting in the way.

Good Luck, and no matter what their response is just know that you are perfect the way that you are and the entire EC community is here for you.

Drizzle likes this.
  8. SevnButton

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Hi @Ammie -
    Of course, the choice is yours, but I hope you will come out to your mom. Yes, there is some risk that it won't go as you hope, but there is also a possibility that it will lead to a closer, stronger relationship with your mom. And, it's empowering to speak the truth.

Good luck!

Hugs-
    =Sevn