1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Should I come out at school

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by Elliott489, Aug 10, 2018.

1. Elliott489

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I start my final year of school next month and I have been considering coming out to my friends. Both my close friendship group of 4 (one of which knows) and my art class of 6. I don’t know if it’s a great idea or when and how to do it.

2. DreamerAsh

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Honestly coming out is never going to be exactly the way you want it to be. They could be accepting, they could not. But, as long as it's what you want and you can handle any rude people and bullies, then I'd say go for it!! And as for how to do it. That depends on what point your getting across. And how much you want them to know. Say what makes you comfortable and get the teachers permission first before you tell the class, some school's have rules against lgbt speaking out.

3. Elliott489

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Thanks. I’m not going to tell teachers just my friends in the class. I’m sure they’ll be fine it’s just one of them isn’t great at keeping secrets and might tell other people