1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

She broke up with me

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by TinyWerewolf, Mar 23, 2022.

1. TinyWerewolf

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I guess I've got this nasty habit of beating myself up, sometimes just for having emotions. I kind of want to curl up in a ball and hide from the world, but I have crap to do like work and feed my dog.

She did make me happy, the happiest I've ever been for a while there. She literally called me her sunshine because I was so happy all the time. When she couldn't meet up anymore after a month or two I just got so sad, plus everything else I'm going through was weighing me down a bit.

DragonChaser likes this.
  2. silverhalo

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    It sounds like a case of bad luck. You have a lot on. She has a lot on and things haven’t worked out. I do think she could have handled it better towards the end but I don’t think picking it apart will help anyone. Right now the pain is your main feeling but in time you will be able to look back at the happy times and remember those.

3. TinyWerewolf

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I hope do look back with a gmile someday, though I don't know when. That currently seems unfeasible. There's so many things I wanted us to do together, and places I wanted to take her that we never could. Now it's over.

4. DragonChaser

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    That doesn't mean there won't ever be someone who you'll want to take to those places again. I do understand, though. I believe we all do, at some point, even those seemingly most fortunate. It makes it no easier, but I feel your heartache and I'm so sorry for it, honey.

Can you do me a favor? Can you take a walk today? If it's not too cold or rainy or anything, just put on some comfy socks and shoes and go for a 20 minute stroll or longer if you care to, okay? Whenever and wherever you like.

Just get out into the sunshine and get a little bit of exercise in. It won't fix anything, but walking stimulates endorphins in the brain - the "feel good" chemicals that help to improve our mood. Sunlight gives you Vitamin D, for sure, but also personally makes me feel good. So does walking in the grass barefoot. If you have a park nearby you're sure is free of doggo-leavings, and - again - it's not too cold, I recommend it highly, but only anecdotally. The ground is actually kind of gross most of the time, so watch out either way.

If you do go for a walk today, and please do, honey, for me, put on some sunscreen. Any sun exposure can damage your skin, and I hope it doesn't sound weird or anything for me to say but I imagine yours to be rather fair, which is to say light. If I'm wrong, I meant no offense and I'm sorry if I caused any, but it's good to get in the habit of taking care of it regardless.

Maybe take a snack? It can be nice to have one outdoors sometimes you know. If you have any granola or cereal bars, grab one. And take a water bottle. Fill it with whatever, but have some while you walk. Hydration is also a good way to improve mood; it's surprising, actually, how important it can be.

Am I mothering you? I'm mothering you, I'll stop.

5. TinyWerewolf

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I just spent some time with my sister's dogs and took them to her house from the dog daycare/sitter. I'm going to spend some with my own dog when I get home. He's a giant goofy dog but he's smart. Makes me laugh. You're right about me burning easily- I thought I mentioned it somewhere to be fair (no pun intended). I'm pale even after a summer tan, no offense taken.

DragonChaser likes this.
  6. silverhalo

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    @DragonChaser is right all those special moments and trips you imagined don’t have to be lost completely. Sure they may not be with her but imagine finding someone else that you like at least equally if not more and someone who is available and giving as much to the relationship as you are. Imagine how happy that could make you.

DragonChaser likes this.
  7. TinyWerewolf

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Maybe some day, for now I just feel pain. Before her I thought no one would find the real me attractive and I'd just be alone until I died.

8. silverhalo

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    She did and so will other people. Don’t push yourself to be happy now you have every right to feel pain and though it doesn’t feel like it now it will get easier.

9. TinyWerewolf

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Sorry, started writing this hours ago and meant to finish it earlier.

I mean I think I'm kind of ugly, probably dysphoria talking. I think most girls attracted to guys don't like short guys- and I'm pretty short. I'm way below average height. Plus being a trans guy won't help me there. I don't like a lot more about myself but that's not what this is about. Guys seem to find me attractive, but I still don't pass- so they think I'm a girl and that's an issue in itself. Since I've known I'm trans I try to date bi or pan people so it won't matter as much if I look like a girl right now. Hopefully after transition I can just date whoever.

It's like I just lost a close friend though, and I miss her so much. I wish she'd come back (and she'd made a bit more time for me- being separated like that was killing me).

10. DragonChaser

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I don't mean to invalidate your feelings in any way or imply you should be angry instead of hurt, but you mention that you wish she'd made more time for you. Based on a lot of what you've said, she had many opportunities to contribute more to the relationship than she did.

Any relationship is a mutual exchange. Balance is required. If one party isn't giving equally, it's not healthy. I don't mean to say she was wrong or bad for not giving as much; maybe she entered with different expectations, maybe they changed, maybe it's something else entirely. However, it sounds like she didn't commit as much as you did.

And, if I may, I wouldn't treat someone I considered a lover or a friend that way; keeping them in the dark about my feelings or my future or what I wanted, especially if I was hiding our relationship.

I guess I'm just saying it doesn't seem like it was the best relationship for you, in the end. I know that doesn't matter much now, but it will in time. Especially when you find someone whose better for you. And I'm certain you will.

You're a beautiful person, independent of your feelings on your reflection. There's someone out there who will be very fortunate to have found you, and I know they will make you feel much the same. I'm sure of it, hon.

Please take care of yourself. Sending love! :smiley_cat:

Y2B likes this.
  11. TinyWerewolf

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    No you're right, she didn't commit like I did. At first when I brought it up to her she said it wasn't fair to her because of how insanely busy she was. I asked how I could be more fair to her and she never answered that. I even ended up apologizing for the exchange. For context I was standing outside in cold weather with misting rain just to have this conversation and avoid suspicion. That's how much of a priority I made her. I should be more angry than I am, but I'm just sad she left me. I fought to keep us together as hard as I could, she didn't do the same.

Maybe I'll get over her and unexpectedly meet someone else in the distant future. Hopefully someone who can and will prioritize me like I will them.

DragonChaser likes this.
  12. silverhalo

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Perhaps once the initial upset has passed you can use this time to work on yourself, I appreciate being trans and the dysphoria makes this tricky and for sure in ways I cannot begin to understand but regardless of looks you come across as a sweet, caring, giving and loyal person. In this world there are definitely person who are shallow and all about looks but honestly they probably arent the kind of people that you want to date anyway. Im not saying that it will be super easy to find someone new when you are ready but if you are the right kind of person on the inside there is always someone out there for you.

13. TinyWerewolf

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I hope I do find them eventually, maybe if I move further north away from this place. First I have to try to get over her and fix my messed up life.

14. silverhalo

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    One step at a time.

15. TinyWerewolf

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    It's been a week today, it hurts just a bit less. I still miss her and would be overjoyed if she came back, but it's progress. I made us a playlist and the song "Yellow" was on it- it came on today while I was driving to work this morning.

16. silverhalo

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    That is good progress, small sure but at this point the fact you can acknowledge the bit of progress there has been is great. Keep taking it a day at a time.

17. TinyWerewolf

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I'll try my best. This weekend will be busy, so maybe I can keep her off my mind.

18. Y2B

Y2B

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    The person who loves you doesn't act that way. No matter how busy she is you should be a priority. I feel like she wanted to end this for a while, but was afraid to do it. You deserve someone better than her. Did you have any chat with her since then?

#38 Y2B, Apr 1, 2022
    Last edited: Apr 1, 2022
  19. TinyWerewolf

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Briefly for one morning, I honestly doubt she's reading my messages anymore. I get the vibe she wanted me gone too, and that's what hurts. If she wanted to leave before she should've just done it- I really cared for her.

20. TinyWerewolf

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    An update: since over a month has passed, I've made decent progress in getting over her. I turned twenty-one while it was still pretty fresh, got a just a tiny bit buzzed (I wanted to do much worse but I was with my family- so it would've been too risky). I tried to ask her how she was doing once or twice, which went unanswered. I also wished her a happy Easter when it rolled around, she wished me one back. I archived almost all of our old messages and told her goodbye for good this past week- it hurt so much but it had to be done. I'm walking toward that goal of being over her, slowly.

Rayland and DragonChaser like this.