1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Share your real-life ghost story

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Ruby Dragon, Jun 20, 2017.

1. Ruby Dragon

Ruby Dragon Well-Known Member

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I know there are some people who believe in ghosts, and some who think the idea is silly.

Well, I believe in ghosts, I've encountered ghosts, from human to animal.

Here now, my stories:

In my previous house, we had a ghost whom we nicknamed "the man in the hallway". He didn't do us harm, but he did scare us by making appearances and making sounds. It wasn't my imagination, because my sister and dad saw/heard him too. Whenever you were seated in the tv (living) room, at night, he'd walk toward the bathroom and later back the other way. You'd sometimes hear him shut the bathroom door, but when you go and check, it's open.

This one time my dad encountered him in broad daylight. My dad was in the kitchen making lunch and he heard someone say "howzit" (meaning hello) and then he also heard the bathroom door close, but when he peeked around the corner, the bathroom door was open.

The one evening when I was busy making coffee for everyone, I heard someone say "huh" in a deep voice, and I looked up and saw the silhouette of a man in the window's reflection and when I turned around, there was nobody there. He certainly was a fun-loving guy, but he didn't move with us when we moved, so I hope the people living there now appreciate him the way we have.

My second story is of a ghost dog. I was driving to my friend's house around 7pm on a Friday or Saturday night and there was a car from behind who passed me. As the distance between my car and this car increased, I just kept my eyes on the road in front of me. The next thing, there was a "dog" standing in the middle of the road. The car in front of me, obviously didn't see this "dog" because he didn't swerve. But I did, and when I checked my rear-view mirror, there was nothing there. I later learned that there's a graveyard right there where Satanists sacrificed animals in their rituals. So it must've been one of those animals' souls that kept lurking there. Scary. Needless to say, I haven't driven that road alone at night again since

In 2010, I moved in with a guy I was dating and we went to visit my parents, had dinner there and everything, and we went home after. I was driving and I remember him telling me to watch out for the guy sitting in the road. Well, I drove right through this "guy" because I saw him too late

More recently, I woke up during the night and heard the sound of a woman walking in heels right outside my window (There's a strip of concrete between the window and the grass.) The security light didn't switch on, so it couldn't have been a literal person walking there, and why would a woman walk there that time of the night, in heels of all things? When I told my mom about it the next morning, she said that my cousins complained about the same thing happening to them at their houses. She was positive it's our grandmother who was looking out for us. I haven't heard it again but it was still a little creepy.

So if this was all in my imagination, I must be crazy. But I'm sure of what I saw and heard and if that makes me crazy, so be it, lol.

#1 Ruby Dragon, Jun 20, 2017
    Last edited: Jun 20, 2017
  2. DirectionNorth

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    That's awesome (and creepy!)

I've been wondering, and haven't found out good information, but is it possible to see ghosts or shadows of animals? When I was younger, I went out to help with the trash at night, and the light was on around the corner of the house, but the light wasn't on on the side of the house where I was standing. I then saw a shadow of what looked like an animal's body standing in front of me. As I was squinting and trying to look closer and clearer, my mom happened to turn on that light from inside and it just vanished. It was very quiet out, and I would've heard a bug move in all the leaves that were out if something was running away behind me. So, I don't know what that could've been, it might have been nothing.

Another time, I had fought with my mom over the phone relatively recently, and later that night, I was at my computer with headphones on, but nothing was playing at that moment- no ads or videos, etc. I had short sleeves on, and I know my A/C was off then(and it was to my left anyway). All of a sudden, my right arm becomes really cold and as my mind was slowly taking that in and trying to realize the situation. Right after, I hear this blowing sound(the sound when a person blows air) and feel this direct, pinpoint feeling of blowing air on my arm. After I don't know how long I was frozen(no pun) trying to assess what just happened, my mind started running to see if there was any way to debunk it. And my mom almost right away said it was probably my Grandmother. And she used to be a skeptic before my Grandmother and dog died; now she believes, more at least, since she's had many experiences in that house of hearing someone walking around or moving things in my Grandmother's room or smells a dog time to time. And when I was there, my room is above my Grandmother's, I've heard the same snoring as when she was alive. And it wasn't psychosomatic, my mind was on other things and all of a sudden, I heard that below me.

3. Ruby Dragon

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    The "man in the hallway" was just a silhouette of a man, like a shadowy figure. The others were whiter in appearance (the man in the road and the dog). So I think it depends on your perception of things in that moment, and I don't know what else. I find paranormal things fascinating, albeit a little creepy.

I've also encountered the cold feeling. This one time was in a shop at the mall. I just felt this sudden coldness on my lower abdomen, and there wasn't an AC on or anything that could've caused this. I've also woken up from the feeling of someone's hand resting on my shoulder. Very creepy but it didn't cause me harm, so was probably also my grandmother just letting me know she's there. That, or there's someone who passed away looking out for me. I'm glad to read that it's not just me experiencing strange phenomenons in my life. Your stories sounds creepy too. I just wonder why the most active time is at night. Guess only they know why they're more active at night time. Lol

4. GalleyGirl

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    WOW! You're stories are amazing, I love ghost stories. But the only real one I know is this house, where nearly everyone who lives there swears it's haunted. People have repeatedly heard people running around upstairs and found the room empty, they've also described feeling the sofa sink and the sudden sensation someone was sitting next to them. It freaked people out, but that was pretty much it so for a while no one took it too seriously. Then, a group of my parents friends (when they were teenagers) figured it be fun to sleep upstairs there at night- bear in mind before this nothing serious had happened. So they sat around nothing happened, and they went to sleep, but as they were drifting off my parent's friend (gonna call him John coz probs better don't use his real name) heard his friend going 'John stop it'. And he was really confused because he was on the other side of the room. But his friend kept going saying 'John stop it- cut it out- I'm serious John I can't breathe'. By this point everyone freaked out and went over to him to find him gasping for air, he recovered pretty soon after they came over but they took their stuff and left there and then. He could've been lying but my parents reckon he was probably telling truth.

5. Ruby Dragon

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Whoa! That's crazy-scary!

6. Shea

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    One day I was in a large forest park I hadn't been in before. When I got to one end of it I basically got that chill and goosebumps feeling and got a mental image of a woman and two children watching me.

Later on I was looking stuff up about those woods like trails and points of interest and found out there's a private cemetery that's located near that end of the woods and there's been many ghost sightings of a woman and children in ragged clothing.

7. GalleyGirl

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    That's really creepy

#7 GalleyGirl, Jun 20, 2017
    Last edited: Jun 20, 2017
  8. Ruby Dragon

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Eek! Really creepy. What is it with ghosts and cemeteries? Lol. Maybe they're not very comfortable inside their coffin. No pillow for their heads, no blankets, and total darkness. Whatever their reason is, it freaks the living daylights out of the living :grin:

9. Bernice

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I use to do a lot of ghost hunting with the group I was part of. Probably done about forty investigations at different locations. Unfortunately I never really had much experience. An odd noise one at st brevels castle and unexplained footsteps behind the stage at the Savoy Theatre. Some of the other in my group had more things such as one friend getting scratches up his back and one being attacked in an empty bathtubs which took three of us to get her out as if there was water in the tub.

10. Ruby Dragon

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Daaayum! Thanks for sharing!

11. Bernice

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I am looking to doing another hunt sometime soon with some work colleagues. Haven't done one since colditz castle in 2014. I was kind of put off after having a load of equipment go missing when in the care of some of the fore mentioned friends

12. Rowe

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Some members of my family say my grandparents' house is haunted by a ghost named Sarah. My aunt usually said that when she was a kid. One time, my mom was walking down the hall, and a can of tuna came out of nowhere and hit her. Another time, my grandparents suddenly found a pill bottle in a closet that belonged to someone they never met (but I don't think it belonged to Sarah). They've cleaned that closet multiple times, and lived there for a while, so they don't know how it got there. My sister, who hasn't met my aunt yet, and never heard any of this, talked about a ghost named Sarah there. I was never affected, though. Why, Sarah?

I also live inside the Bridgewater Triangle, which is a 200 square mile area of New England that has a lot of paranormal activity, such as ghosts, orbs, thunderbirds, UFOs, and bigfoot sightings. I'm writing a fictional book about it. Also, my grandparents don't live there, they're a little north of the Triangle.

13. Clinker

Clinker Guest

I do not remember this due to age it happened. But my mother has told me....
    When i was about 3 or just before, my mother claimed i was talking to myself in my bedroom. She thought to herself "oh no, imaginary friend phase" and came into my room. When entering i simply looked at her. She asked who i was speaking too.
    I replied "Mary".
    "Who's Mary?"
    "An old lady. She says you knew her as nanny"
    I apparently gave a loose description of glasses, whitish gray curly hair, and some other bit i cant remember.
    Not sure what happened after that, but to this day my mother thinks my great grandmother Mary came to meet her great grandson.

Also at a place called Beaulie motor museum, in the abbey, we had some old photos (now in storage) that contained orbs in a room with no sunlight or bright lighting, so make of that what you will.

14. Xochipilli

Every time I see a ghost thread I have to chime in with my same tired stories! :ghost:
    And that ghost dog/satanic ritual story is sad.

When I was about 10 I saw a shadow figure while in school. I wasn't afraid because I didn't really understand what I saw, but thinking back now it creeps me out.

My second experience was at my cousin's house. We were getting ready to go out to the park so everyone was waiting for me in the car while I ran back inside to pee. So I finished my business and looked over in the direction of the bathroom window where my aunt kept an ugly-ass porcelain doll. My vision went kind of hazy and I swear it did some weird slow-motion curtsy/bowlegged squat thing.

Both happened around the same age. Fortunately, I haven't had any weird experiences since!

15. Ruby Dragon

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Thanks for sharing! I know a few people who are terrified and creeped out by porcelain dolls. I used to have one but I ended up getting rid of it. Not because I was scared of it or anything, but because it didn't fit in with the rest of the things in my room, and we've since moved too, and I don't have shelves to put it on. I think I gave it to my sister, but not sure what she did with it. I'm just happy to be rid of it.

I have a baby "doll" that's on the other bedside table. She has porcelain hands and a porcelain head, but her body is made of fabric with some sort of grain-like stuffing. Another thing I have in my room is a rocking chair I got from my aunt. I have a couple of stuffed animals on it, and haven't noticed it rocking by itself or anything, but it does freak people out because of horror movies. Lol.

Scary! I'm not sure if it's a good thing or bad thing knowing you live in a paranormal area. I guess it depends on whether it creeps you out or not. At least you know IF you happen to see something, you'd have been forewarned by the knowledge it's a place with known paranormal activities.

In our old house, my sister used to complain about a very bright light shining in the corner of her bedroom, above the door when her bed is in a specific place in the room. She'd often wake up from the bright light, and when she turns on her bed light, it disappears (obviously). She used to think it was one of us looking to prank her, but everyone else in the house would be sound asleep.

I'd like to think the ones who have passed, is looking out for us. And with the innocence of childhood, you couldn't have possibly known about the paranormal, so it must've been true. Creepy! As for the photographs, that's creepy too. I like watching paranormal programs on tv, but I forgot what time they're on, and what day of the week. My mom obviously thinks it's bollocks but I'm genuinely fascinated with the paranormal. Not to the point of wanting to go out to find some activity, but just fascinated to hear of other people's experiences :grin: