1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Shape body while on HRT

Discussion in 'Physical & Sexual Health' started by Kira00, Feb 8, 2019.

1. Kira00

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Good evening!

I'll be starting HRT soon (Testosterone) and I want to know if there's any exercises/routines I can do to help get toned muscles and a smaller chest? Also, diet wise?

Eventually, I will get top surgery, but in the meantime while on HRT since it's likely that my chest will change, will the size shrink faster with any of the chest exercises?

What do you recommend?

Thanks!

2. MaybeBenji

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I've done a lot of reading about this as I'm in the same boat. Here's what I learned (I'M NOT A DOCTOR THOUGH!)

If you are carrying extra weight, running or brisk walking is good for weight loss. Overall weight loss will make your chest smaller.

Push ups, if you can't do traditional ones, do them on your knees until you build up the strength for "real" ones.

Planks. They tone up your arms and stomach. After top surgery, lots of people suddenly realize they're unhappy with their stomach and look "pudgy". I'm doing them to prevent that.

Tricep dips. (I think that's what they're called). Put a chair or other sturdy surface behind you. put your hands on it and "sit" towards the ground but not onto the chair then push back up.

Pull ups. You can get a bar online that you install in a doorway. If you can't do them right now, start by standing with your knees bent and do them that way.

If you have dumbells:

Lay on the floor with your arms out in a "t" pose. Raise your arms up until they touch. Good for arms and chest.

Bench press.

Idk what it's called but stand with the dumbell in both hands above your head. lower your arms behind your back kind of like youre using a backscratcher. It's good for arms and chest.

There are lots of apps online for workouts. I do one for abs and arm strength. There are also a bunch of workout videos on youtube. Just search "FTM Chest workout".

Good luck and be careful!

Angelica g likes this.