1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Shakespeare

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by Sartoris, Feb 20, 2017.

1. AbsoluteNerd

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    So, my school did twelfth night in the fall, my friend was one of the leads. Did not have a chance to see it. He said it was very confusing, and, I quote: "I was the lead, and I still have no idea what's going on in his play."

I loved reading Othello though.

As for adaptations, I find the Leonardo DiCaprio movie of Romeo and Juliet a bit comic when they start talking about their swords and it zooms in on the logos on their guns, all so that they could keep the language unchanged.

2. kibou97

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I like Macbeth, The Tempest, and The Twelfth Night. I'm not a big fan of Romeo and Juliet though. I'm also interested in looking into Othello.

#22 kibou97, Mar 14, 2017
    Last edited: Mar 14, 2017
  3. MrSkittles

I like Romeo and Juliet but out of the plays I read so far in school(Romeo and Juliet and Macbeth) I really enjoy Macbeth. We read Hamlet in Senior Year and i feel like I would enjoy that one too.

4. Worker Bee

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I've got 2 copies of the complete works and yet never gotten round to reading them all like I planned. I absolutely love Othello even though I want to slap the character (but I know what a bitch insecurity can be).

I also like The Taming of the Shrew and Much Adobe about nothing.

I haven't read The Tempest yet even though I am a massive fan of Return to Forbidden Planet which is loosely based on the play.

Think I may have to dig out a copy and a book mark. Though I'm not sure whether I want to read all the sonnets as well