1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Senior Pictures and Mom

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by bubbles123, Jul 16, 2016.

1. bubbles123

bubbles123 Guest

So it's getting to be the time where people are getting senior pictures done soon. I'm going to have some done, but I'm facing some problems with my mom about it.

For one, situations where I'm being fussed over for long periods of time, like a stranger posing me for pictures, for example, make me feel very uncomfortable and drained and unhappy. My friend who likes photography offered to take pics of me and my friends which I would love! But my mom insists on making me take professional photos because she "has to ensure that they're going to come out good" I mean I'm thankful she wants to pay for nice pictures and all but it's really not what I want And I don't know how else to make her see that and understand.

I also would like to have more freedom in what I wear - more masculine clothes preferably - and I know through the whole outfit choosing process my mom's also going to be grudgy and make pushy comments about my choice of clothes which also won't make me feel good. I guess I'm just kind of tired of my mom feeling that she has to make all my decisions for me in just the way she does. I haven't been good at standing up to her about these things usually, but I want this to be different, and to have a good time and feel like me in the photos.

I tried to explain to her that I won't like professional photos because that kind of thing isn't fun for me, and that I wouldn't be happy with the pictures if I knew I wasn't happy while I took them, but that didn't change her mind. Any tips on how to stand up to her or what I can do to better communicate my feelings and/or have a good experience? Thanks.

#1 bubbles123, Jul 16, 2016
    Last edited: Jul 16, 2016
  2. AngelLikesSpace

Out Status:
    Some people
    Yeah this is basically the reason I didn't get any done tbh. Maybe try to get the pictures taken by your friend without her knowing and then show her how they turn out and then maybe she'll see that those photos turned out just as good if not better than professional ones. And if she doesn't like them then at least you'd still end up having pictures that you personally like.

3. bubbles123

bubbles123 Guest

That's a really good idea, thank you:slight_smile: