1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

General News Sen. Sanders more electable than Hillary

Discussion in 'Current Events, World News, & LGBT News' started by onlythebulls13, Jan 10, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sldanlm

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Although I have the same initial gut feeling about Hillary when I've heard Rubio speak, I don't know how well Bernie would do against him either with the people who aren't solidly in one camp or another. Don't get me wrong, I would never vote for him, but I have to admit he wears the sheeps clothing very well.

#41 sldanlm, Jan 11, 2016
    Last edited: Jan 11, 2016
  2. BMC77

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I've gotten that sense that a lot of Hillary Clinton's support is less about liking her, and more about issues like "White House at all costs."

Maybe she is the right choice. I can't say for sure. But I can say that I remember 2004 when Kerry ran against Bush. No one liked Kerry, but supported him because they hated Bush.

In the end, Bush--despite being a horrible President--managed to win. I have wondered if it had been someone other than Kerry if Bush wouldn't have lost.

3. Plattyrex

That's true. Bernie certainly isn't a great speaker himself. But what sets Hilary in her own ball park is that her speaking abilities are terrible to the point where they make a lot of people explicitly want to disagree with what she's saying simply because she's so unlikable. I think if Rubio gets the Republican nomination he's going to be the next president regardless, but I think his strengths pair up so perfectly with Hilary's weaknesses that the outcome would be predetermined were he to run against her.

#43 Plattyrex, Jan 11, 2016
    Last edited: Jan 11, 2016
  4. BMC77

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    And we can't forget the importance of speaking, or the image the candidate presents. I think it's quite reasonable to say that one reason Reagan won was because of how he appeared on TV. A lot of people admitted hating his politics, but voting for him because of the image he presented.

---------- Post added 11th Jan 2016 at 07:29 PM ----------

Another factor, too, that may count against Hillary Clinton is that we've had 8 years of a Clinton White House. Some will think: "Great! Those were good years for us!" Others, however, will feel a real sense of "I want someone new."

The situation wasn't so bad a few months ago when it seemed like Jeb Bush might get the nomination. He, too, carries the weight of having had family in the White House. Twice, in fact, for a total of 12 years. Plus 8 more years of heavy involvement (recall: Bush #1 was Reagan's VP.) Plus one of the Bush Presidencies is not likely to be remembered fondly by many voters.

But when now, when it seems likely it could be Rubio--a new face--vs. another round of Clinton...well, that could cost votes.

5. onlythebulls13

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
  6. Typhoon

Typhoon Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    Trump is going to be the next president and that's without a doubt! :slight_smile: :kiss:

7. sldanlm

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    But if that happens we'll never get the answer to the question of UFO's and space aliens (unless he outs himself) :lol:

Hillary Clinton Pledges to "Get to the Bottom" of UFOs and Aliens | Mother Jones

Even UFOs Are Following Trump (Despite Being Undocumented Aliens)

8. Invidia

Invidia Guest

Far above the clouds, gazing deep below the Earth
    This is turning out to be an interesting election. Hearing everyone here debating... Hmm...
    I hope that Bernie wins, I guess. I think it would be the best for the people of the United States and for the world. Trump is a joke and Hillary is just pathetic.

9. onlythebulls13

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    https://youtu.be/2avIVr0cu4w

Cenk breaks down what I said to start this entire thread. Check out the link, but be careful you might get BERNED

10. baconpox

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I really don't think Bernie Sanders is electable, much less that his plans could ever work. Most of his supporters seem like liberal arts college students who think the government is evil and voting doesn't do anything, so I doubt he'll win the primary. Even if he did, he would lose in a general election, because even a lot of Democrats would vote Republican over him, but that really depends on the GOP candidate. Even if he was elected, I don't think any of his ideas would be put into action, and he would probably die in office. Regardless, Bernie supporters really shouldn't be saying he has no chance because that'll make people want to give up and vote for Clinton.

Personally, I hope Clinton wins the Democratic primary just because I can't tell who the Republican candidate will be and it's better to be stuck with someone I just disagree with than someone who I disagree with and is completely incompetent.

11. AwesomGaytheist

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    [YOUTUBE]TX8AAUOGKSg[/YOUTUBE]

This ad knocks it out of the park.

12. onlythebulls13

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Hillary does worse against the gop according to the polls baconpox

Also, MoveOn.org endorses Sen. Bernie Sanders. Sanders wins with 79% of the vote among MoveOn.org members. Hillary is getting scared as you can tell by how hard shes attacking Sanders on his progressive platform.

FEEL THE BERN!

---------- Post added 12th Jan 2016 at 10:10 AM ----------

340,000 votes casted in the poll. Also (big day for sanders) he moves to a double digit lead over hillary in new hampshire

---------- Post added 12th Jan 2016 at 10:21 AM ----------

NH Poll: Bernie Sanders leads Hillary Clinton in every major voting bloc - CBS News

13. baconpox

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I don't think polls are necessarily accurate.

14. Blackbirdz

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I'd vote for Sanders if he gets the nomination but not for Clinton. If she gets the nomination, I would vote for a third party candidate in that case. I don't care whether my vote makes a difference. I always vote my conscience.

15. Andrew99

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Yep! And I love looking for UFO's as I've seen them before! Trust me typhoon Hilary is going to be the next president of the United States. (!) :eusa_danc

16. BMC77

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I honestly don't find that ad very convincing. ANY leading candidate will get attacked. And it's too easy for that candidate to claim it's because he or she is against everything the Republicans hate. It's too easy for a candidate to claim he or she will fight for my interests.

Not that I doubt that Clinton would do better than any of the Republican candidates. But if she wins, I really don't expect much huge progress to be made, even if Congress goes under Democrat control. Maybe I'm pessimistic. Maybe I'm cynical.

Maybe before I die we'll actually have some sort of government that actually wants to see things done. But I'm not holding my breath.

17. onlythebulls13

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Its funny how the clinton supporters now dont have polls to support their argument so its just become "bernie isnt electable and hillary is inevitable"
    Time will tell, in the meantime, don't pay attention to the grassroots movement propelling sanders, you might get berned!
    Peace
    Love
    And feel the Bern!

18. Plattyrex

It does seem kind of strange. I see people saying that Hillary is somehow guaranteed a presidency, but I know more liberals who would vote third to avoid Hilary than I do for Sanders. I'm seeing a lot of bold claims about how Hilary is going to be the next president for sure, but absolutely nothing to back them up. I can see why people might consider Sanders unelectable, but I can't see much of a logical reason as to how under any circumstances Hilary is supposed to get the presidency.

19. Typhoon

Typhoon Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    Yep! And I love looking for UFO's as I've seen them before! Trust me andrew Trump is going to be the next president of the United States. (!) :eusa_danc

20. BMC77

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Indeed. In fact, if it's so assured that Hillary Clinton will be elected, why are we even bothering with an election? Why not just save everyone's time and money, and just skip the election, and call her President-elect for the next year?

If Thomas Dewey, who lost to Harry Truman, were still living, he'd be able to tell you all about how the person who will seemingly win can actually lose in the end.

For that matter, it seems to me Hillary Clinton was, at one point, widely expected to win the nomination n 2008, and I'm sure there were people then who said she'd be the next President.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.