1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Second guessing after coming out

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by MercuryChan, Jun 18, 2015.

1. MercuryChan

MercuryChan Guest

So I just came out to my first person ever... (Yay?) But now I'm screwed. She's one of my really close friends, and I came out to her first because she has a gay older brother, I figured she'd understand. I was kind of testing the waters. The only problem is, even though she was 100% accepting, I'm starting to second-guess myself. Now that it's out in the open, what if I'm not actually homoflexible (I'm pretty much gay, but I'm leaving my options open) and I'm actually bi or straight? I never felt like this until I came out. God, I don't want to go through denial again. Did anyone else go through something similar? :help:

2. gloomyra

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Aw, it's ok! Don't be so hard on yourself. You are probably only worrying because you've never told anyone before. And even if you do change, I'm sure she'll be just as excepting as when you first came out to her. Besides, your sexual orientation can change over time, especially when you are young and don't have a lot of dating experience. I used to think I was a lesbian, but as I've gotten older I've found that I occasionally like (certain) men as well!